It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-14-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default My cat is fifteen months old and very active. She loves to play with us, usually litt

The age of your cat offers me a clue. She’s no longer a kitten that tends to be very trusting and outgoing, and enjoy snuggling. At age fifteen months, she’s become an adult cat and her personality has evolved along with her physical body. Most maturing young cats become more cautious than during kittenhood, and they learn to trust routine. So anything out of the ordinary may now be looked upon with suspicion.
In my experience, although a majority of kittens love snuggles and lap-sitting, the adults fall into two broad categories: lap-snugglers, and ankle rubbers. The lap-snugglers continue to like close hands-on attention as adults. But the ankle rubbers (my cat Seren is one!) tend to be highly active playful cats that can’t seem to sit still long enough to settle into a lap. It may be that your girl falls into that category.
Try to accept your cat’s personality and adapt to her needs. If she feels reluctant to snuggle, compromise by engaging her playful nature with a fishing pole toy. These interactive games also help build confidence in shy or retiring cats. Be sensitive to her desire for routine, and keep to a comfortable schedule as far as feeding, playtime, and interaction. That also can help her feel more confident in her home.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
adult , age , cat , cats , games , girl , hey , home , joy , kitten , kittens , love , personality , play

Sponsored Cat Links