It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-14-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I found Kozmo at the edge of my driveway when she was like 2 days old and someone had

I am so sorry to hear that little Kozmo has had such a hard life already but thank goodness you are trying to help. I think the first thing to figure out is does she have nerve damage or not. Your veterinarian can help you to figure this out based on how her bladder feels and other symptoms. What often happens is that the bladder becomes too full and then just leaks or dribbles out. When the urine stays in there for too long, an infection can develop. If Kozmo's bladder is getting too full and she can't urinate, your veterinarian can teach you how to express it. Some prescription medications can also help her urination as well. Injuries to the nerves can take several months to heal. You don't say how old she is right now, but if it's just been a short period of time since her injury things could improve. You may also want to see if you have a veterinary neurologist in your area that could help you and Kozmo. Good luck with this. We're wishing you and Kozmo the best.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
bladder , found , infection , urine

Sponsored Cat Links