It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-17-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I am moving to the United Kingdom, and I have three cats. Two of them are sisters and

This is a tough question. It depends of course on how closely bonded the cats are to each other, and whether or not they can be together during quarantine. If they can be together during quarantine, it would likely be a comfort to them and help them both get through the long process more easily. But if they must be separated during the six months, that might add stress that neither one needs. In some instances the owner is allowed to visit but I’m not familiar with the details of the UK procedure.
You’re correct that after a six-month separation it WILL take time for any cat to readjust and return to the more normal schedule. Some cats do recognize and remember their feline friends after long separations while others don’t seem to know them. There’s no way to predict.
The issue of cost certainly can be a hurdle. How wonderful that you’ve already found a place for Joon. I wish you the best in making this very difficult decision. Just remember--you can only do the best that you can do. And I can tell you have love and concern for all your cats. You know them best. Trust your heart to make the right choice for them.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
cats , found , friends , hey , love , moving , question , separation , stress

Sponsored Cat Links