It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-17-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I will try to keep this as short as possible. I would love some suggestions....

I’m sorry to hear your guy is having a hard time. It's also difficult to give some suggestions since I haven't seen your guy or what his face looks like. I think an x-ray is a great place to start and hopefully some lab work has been done to make sure the rest of his health is good. I would pay close attention to his teeth to make sure he didn't have a tooth abscess and also look for a wound he could have gotten that caused a sore/infection. A polyp is possible but usually doesn't present quite like this; with a polyp we usually see a chronic ear infection or nasal discharge. I would take a close look at the x-ray to look for any changes in the bones of his face to rule out anything going on there as well. If infection is still present, a culture of the wound could be helpful, as could a needle aspirate of the area or an aspirate of any lymph nodes near by that are enlarged. Hopefully, the x-ray will give us some guidance and hopefully give us some options for treatment. If after the x-ray you have more questions let us know. We'll be thinking of you and hoping for good news.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
art , ear infection , great , health , infection , love , present , suggestions

Sponsored Cat Links