It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-20-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I have owned my cat Abbie for five years. I adopted her from an animal shelter as an.

My cat Seren(dipity) does much the same thing and enjoys long drawn-out “conversations” in which she always wants to have the last “word.” We can only guess at the exact meaning, just as our cats likely can only guess at what we say to them.
However, we do know that cats tend to meow primarily at people—and not so much at other cats. Perhaps this is because they recognize that humans rely on vocal communication more than scent or body posture, and the cats try to accommodate us. Meows also tend to be requests and/or demands for something: attention, food, to be let in or out of a door. Typically the meows become lower pitched, longer drawn out and more strident when the cat becomes more demanding or emphatic.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
adopted , animal , cat , cats , communication , food , hey , meow , shelter , vocal

Sponsored Cat Links