It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-20-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default Last year I bought two Snowshoe kittens (sisters). Now after a year Sushi loves to...

This just goes to show how different sister cats raised in the same circumstances can be. Some cats simply act more confident (Sushi) while others are naturally more shy (Lexi). It’s not necessarily that they were treated differently while at the cattery but more likely that they just developed different personalities.
You’re already doing a lot right in trying to moderate your voice and how you walk. Instead of petting her on the head, try offering her your closed fist and allowing Lexi to approach you to sniff it. Some kitties feel overwhelmed at seeing a large hand coming down toward their head, so allowing Lexi the liberty to make the first move may help build her confidence. You can also engage her in some long-distance games with a fishing pole style toy. By allowing her to keep a distance from you, she won’t feel as threatened and yet will recognize a fun benefit to interacting with you.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
cats , fun , games , hey , kittens , kitties , pet , snowshoe

Sponsored Cat Links