It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-20-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default My cat has developed a skin irritation above his eye where fur was lost and on his ea

There are many possible things that could be causing the scabs and itching. Because it is centered around the ears, the first step would be to rule out ear mites or an ear infection. If the ears are okay, we would then try to rule out allergies (flea, food, pollens) or parasites (fleas, mites). Cats with allergies tend to get itchy, irritated skin rather than the stuffy head and runny eyes like we do. The best thing to do is treat the underlying cause. I would talk further with your veterinarian to see what he or she suspects is causing this and see what options you have to treat. In some cases we can't figure out what the cause is but nonetheless it's worth trying. Otherwise you could keep trying medications and/or home remedies and have it come back again and again!

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
allergies , cat , cats , ear infection , eye , eyes , fleas , food , fur , home , infection , lost , mites

Sponsored Cat Links