It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-15-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I have six cats of varying ages. Within last four months all six have contracted what

Cat acne is one of those pesty conditions. Your vet is right, in most cases, it is usually "just cat acne" but your case sounds above and beyond. If your vet hasn't done it...I would try to get a smear of the chins to try to rule out possible bacterial versus yeast infections contributing. You and your veterinarian may also want to explore a possible allergic cause. And also in some cases, it can help to just take a step back and minimize what you're doing on some of the milder cases. In some cases (I stress the some), doing too much scrubbing or medication can seem to exacerbate the problem. Again, I believe treatment is very important, but sometimes we can do too much. I don't know how long you've done the oral antibiotics but this can often be the missing link so keep up with these or talk to your veterinarian about other antibiotic options. And keep in mind, you may not eliminate it completely, some of the cats may have mild case with just a little debris or a few blackheads...this is ok. Focus on the cats that may have more serious cases with the swollen chins, pustules etc. Good luck with this and keep taking such good care of your cats!

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
allergic , antibiotics , care , cat , cats , missing , problem , stress , vet

Sponsored Cat Links