It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-22-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default We are thinking about doing foster care for kittens at the humane society. We already

Good for you for your considering being a foster parent, it is very fulfilling, very important but also very difficult work. It is certainly a decision I think you should make very seriously. The first thing to look at is how much time do you have to dedicate to the kittens’ upbringing. If you have very young litters, feedings can be every few hours and socializing the kittens can be a huge time investment, especially in larger litters. And never underestimate the mess a litter of kittens can make; you'll spend lots of time cleaning! I do think it is important to have an area that is dedicated to only your foster kittens. Many times these kittens could be ill, and for the health of your cats at home, it is important the kittens are kept separate until they are healthy. If you feel you have the time, space and patience to be good foster parents and have the heart to be able to give them up knowing they'll go to good homes (this is where I struggle - I want to keep them all!), then sign yourselves up! There certainly is the need for it and if you are ready I am sure the humane society will be delighted to have you! Good luck.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
catsinneed

Default hey we need foster homes!

if you are in LA area,
please go to www.catsinneed.info
we need foster homes!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Keep up the awesome work !! I'm proud of you !!

Hey ! I just visited your catsinneed website and had a good cry watching Tiger's story...coz my Princess Tiger used to be the offspring of a feral cat too before we've found each other..... (in fact all my cats are either ex feral's kittens or abandoned kitties). I'm Irene from Taiwan BTW, owned by 4 kitties. I wish those people from your area who visited your website will respond soon.
May God establish the work of your hands ! !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
care , cats , cleaning , feral , foster , found , health , healthy , hey , home , homes , kittens , kitties , mess , story , struggle

Sponsored Cat Links