It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-29-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default We have just installed two carbon monoxide detectors just above floor level in our ho

This is a great question and one I had never considered. We also have our carbon monoxide (CO) detector installed at just above floor level. There are a couple potential reasons for the risk with kids/pets. One, of course, is the issue of electricity. The second is the chemical sensor inside the alarm. I could not find a lot of information on what this sensor is made of and if it is toxic. The good news is that I could find no information on dangerous incidents with pets and CO detectors. As long as your cats and dog are not chewers and won't chew up the detector you are probably ok. As an alternative, some models do say it is ok to install on the ceiling so this is one way to keep it out of the way of curious pets and to be absolutely safe. It appears that you will likely be fine keeping your CO detectors right where they are.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-02-2007   #2 (permalink)
outdoorcat

Oh, if they are chewers then it would probably be dangerous for them right? Because the detectors are made with such amount of chemical composition that could react to carbon monoxide. Oh well. I guess I just have to restrict or restrain my pets so as to be safe.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
cats , dog , great , hey , question

Sponsored Cat Links