It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-29-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default Is cranberry juice harmful to a cat in any way? We have been giving our male cat...

The biggest concern with cranberry juice is the sugar in it. Otherwise, it has been used for urinary issues, with mixed results. There is a more concentrated extract you can find in health food stores but it would be best to contact your veterinarian for a dosage of this. I would follow your veterinarian's instructions for diet, as a urinary-specific veterinary diet is often very helpful to help control symptoms. Encouraging more fluid intake through canned food can also help. I'm glad Chase is doing better but don't forget that if he is straining in the box and not producing any urine...this is an absolute emergency! And best of luck to your daughter in her desire to become a veterinarian.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-02-2007   #2 (permalink)
outdoorcat

I think what the best advice for all the food or medicines or anything that is to be ingested is, "anything in excess can be harmful to one's health." Food are just limited to a certain amount to be ingested so as to balance our health. An overdose of anything is dangerous.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
advice , box , canned food , cat , diet , food , health , male , urine

Sponsored Cat Links