It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-29-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I recently took my kitten to the vet, she's breathing very rapidly and very dehydrate

I am sorry to hear that your kitten is so sick. How old is she? You didn't really say what the diagnosis was from the two veterinarians nor did you mention what the tests showed which makes it a little hard to figure out what's going on. The first step is usually a complete physical exam that can tell us things like if your kitten is running a fever or has an upper respiratory infection. It is also often a good idea to check some lab work like a Feline Leukemia Virus/Feline Aids test. My biggest concern is with your cat's rapid breathing, this could be due to something like a cold but could also signify something more serious like fluid in the chest of pneumonia (an x-ray would help with this). If she is dehydrated, it is extremely difficult to rehydrate her orally and often intervention with fluid under the skin or IV. I also worry things haven't improved after the vet's prescribed treatment. I'd love to be able to give you an answer but without seeing your kitten myself, there are just too many unknowns. I know you have some worries about cost but I really do think it is best for you to at least contact your veterinarian to see what other options for treatment there are and your veterinarian may likely what to see her back. I wish you luck with this and will be hoping for the best.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
outdoorcat

I guess, the proper way to do it, or in any sickness or any uncanny or untoward incident or occurence in your cat's health should be addressed asap by you or by taking her to the vet for immediate action. For all we know, some kind of rash maybe a fatal disease hidden in an innocent rash right? Those symptoms that you have said, if it was a human being, I would say she has asthma or is having a high blood pressure but to cats I really have no idea.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
asthma , breathing , cat , cat's , cats , cold , feline aids , fever , health , infection , kitten , love , sick , sickness , upper respiratory , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links