It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-13-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default We recently adopted a kitten approximately 3 to 5 months old. The home we got him fro

Congratulations on our new kitten. Unfortunately vomiting is a very non-specific sign and can be associated with many different conditions. A furbal/hairballl is unlikely at this young age and I think you've given him enough time to adjust. A good medical exam would be helpful in ruling out any potential causes.
Due to the circumstances of where he came from, I would make sure he is not regurgitating his food from eating too fast. If he had a lot of competition in the other house, he may be trained to eat as fast as possible. If he is regurgitating, the food will usually come up whole and it usually occurs almost right after eating. If this is the case, you can slow down his eating by feeding small frequent meals, or slowing down his eating by spreading his food out in a flat layer on a pie-pan or cookie sheet. Intestinal parasites are certainly also a likely possibility and it would be a good idea to have your veterinarian give him a general dewormer. Good luck with your new little guy and keep us posted on his progress.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
adopted , age , eating , fast , food , home , house , kitten , medical , new kitten , small , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links