It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-26-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default My Kitten is 6-months-old. I got her when she was 5-weeks-old because her mom was sic

Many cats will have "sleepy" in their eyes, but I am concerned about the changes you are describing in her cornea. If you are seeing something that makes you think the eye is getting worse, I would absolutely seek care for your kitten. Many of these eye "infections" are caused by the feline herpes virus which can not be cured; rather we do what we can to keep symptoms at bay and keep the eyes and cat healthy. Ulcers on the eye can be very serious and in some cases may need continual medication to keep at bay. I would not let nature take its course here and wait to see if they heal on their own. It sounds to me like we need to be more proactive here. Eyes are such an important organ for our cats; we really need to stay on top of any medical conditions. If you feel your veterinarian is not being responsive or helpful, you could seek a second opinion. You could also consider seeing a veterinary ophthalmologist, as they have the most experience with our pet's eyes. Good luck and keep us posted on how your kitten is doing.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
care , cats , eyes , healthy , hey , kitten , medical , opinion , pet

Sponsored Cat Links