It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I have a black Persian cat, who is about 11-years-old. He has been diagnosed with bas

Sorry to hear your cat is having a hard time. And we all understand the "denial" aspect. It is always hard to have a sick cat! I have a couple concerns with your story. My first is that your Persian has been losing weight; this tells me that there could be something bigger going on. I'm glad that the basal cell tumors that were removed were benign. Some of them can be more aggressive or malignant and unfortunately we can't rule out that all of them are benign unless all of them are biopsied. It would be ideal to see a veterinarian dermatologist, even if just for their opinion (remember you can always decline recommendations if you feel you cannot afford them).
In the mean time, I would continue the Animax as it could be giving your cat some relief if they are itchy or uncomfortable, but the ointment is unlikely to make them go away. I would watch them closely, as well as watch for signs of infection and make sure that your cat does not go after them. I wish I could tell you what will happen with these masses but, unfortunately, only time can tell. It’s very clear that you care deeply about your cat - I would try to set aside a little money when you can for future care and continue to do your best. Good luck with this and please let us know if you have further questions.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
aggressive , black , care , cat , fur , hey , infection , money , opinion , persian , sick , story , uncomfortable , weight

Sponsored Cat Links