It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default My cat recently broke his leg and the veterinarian put a cast on him. I was just...

If your cat was biting at his cast and seemed to be in pain you absolutely did the right thing by taking him back in. While there is some pain with a broken leg, he should be getting medications to help control that. After the initial injury, the cast itself may be a nuisance for your cat and he may not like it, but it should not cause him pain. I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to him but hope he'll heal quickly and be back on his four paws soon!

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-10-2007   #2 (permalink)
ExCal

This was the problem when I first got my kitten. I didn't even know when my friend first gave him to me. Until I watched him a day later.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-10-2007   #3 (permalink)
Catrancher99

ExCal, your kitten had a broken leg? What a bummer for a kitten to endure. When I moved in here there was a small female I took in and named Mehitabel. She limped on her right back leg and the vet said she'd broken it but it was never set and healed crooked. Despite that she was an excellent tree climber and runner. I admired her spirit. Sadly, she disappered last May.

Tags
biting , cat , female , kitten , problem , small , vet

Sponsored Cat Links