It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-12-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default My husband and I found a stray and her four kittens under our back porch about 10 mon

I am so sorry about your little female. It's always hard to lose a cat, but worse when they are young and even worse when it happens so suddenly like this. Cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart) would certainly be at the top of my list; it is responsible for many sudden deaths and often gives no signs before the fact. Heartworms could be possible although we often see signs before the fact. I've never had a cat be scared to death so I wouldn't consider that.

I do think heart disease is most likely or possibly a congenital disease that also was not showing any symptoms. I'm sorry I can't give you an answer but it sounds like you took wonderful care of her and there is likely nothing you could have done to prevent this. Keep an eye on her brother and continue your preventative care with him. I would remind your veterinarian to listen carefully to his heart at each visit and if a murmur is heard an ultrasound would rule out cardiomyopathy. Please again accept our condolences on your kitten.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
cat , eye , female , found , hey , kitten , kittens , scared , stray

Sponsored Cat Links