It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-27-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I have a male cat about 2 years old and recently he has lost hair on his ears and nea

It's important to realize that many cats do have thinner hair in the area between the eyes and the ears. This is to help funnel sound into their ears. When it is excessive though, it could be due to many things. Parasites are one reason, so I'm glad that was ruled out. Allergies to things inside or outside, food or fleas could be another option. In many cases, we will try a limited ingredient diet like the venison or rabbit. It is important to know that he needs to eat that exclusively without any other food or treats and that he should be on the diet for a minimum of 6 weeks before we can say it is helping. Since he's doing well otherwise, it’s likely there is nothing to worry about but it probably wouldn't hurt to do a lab workup on him. Sometimes certain tests can help tell us determine if allergies are a more likely culprit. You could also ask your veterinarian for other treatment options. Good luck with this and keep us posted.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
allergies , cat , cats , diet , eyes , fleas , food , fun , hurt , inside or outside , lost , male , worry

Sponsored Cat Links