It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I have a beautiful 5-year-old long hair black cat. I took her to the vet two weeks ag

I am so sorry to hear your cat is having problems with her eye. It is so hard to be able to tell you exactly what to do or give advice without seeing your cat myself. It is a little unclear what the doctor wants to do surgery on. Is the eyeball not showing because the eyelid is so inflamed or because the surface of the eye is having problems?
Cats in general can get very severe inflammation of their conjunctiva (the lining of their eye) and it can take several trials of medications to get this treated. Cats can also get tumors of their eyelid as well but you are correct in that they are usually not fast growing. And it is likely that the growth your friend's dog had was a cherry eye which usually originates from the corner eyelid and is not as common in cats. Your veterinarian would have been able to identify this easily.
As far as what to do from here, I wish I could give you an answer. Ask a lot of questions and get all the information and options you can. If you trust your veterinarian, the best you can do is follow his or her advice. You could also consider a second opinion, ideally with a veterinary ophthalmologist if you have one in the area. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
advice , beautiful , black , black cat , cat , dog , eye , fast , growth , hey , opinion , problems , surgery , vet

Sponsored Cat Links