It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default My 1 year old neutered male cat has ear problems, but the vet says it is not ear mite

Good for you for being proactive with your cat's care. I wish I could tell you what is going on. With a normal physical exam and ear swab evaluation, many conditions are ruled out. If you feel there is still something wrong and that his quality of life is affected, you should investigate this further. You could consider a skin condition causing him to itch, such as allergies. If the signs are really pointing towards his ears, your veterinarian could x-ray your cat's head to take a look at the middle/inner ear to see if they look abnormal at all. One thing to consider is an ear polyp; they are not always visible in the canal and can cause some ear issues. Hope this gives you a place to go from. Let us know if you have any other questions. Good luck.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
allergies , care , cat , cat's , fur , hey , male , problems , vet

Sponsored Cat Links