It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default Our lovely kitten is 6 months old and he keeps falling over! He is unsteady on his ba

It sounds like you have a great fun loving kitten - sorry to hear he's having some issues with his balance and movement. We don't usually think of our cats as having cerebral palsy but there are many conditions that could cause these signs. Certainly, if the mom was affected by a virus or any kind of disease while pregnant, there can be residual signs in a kitten (like you've seen, not all are affected). I'm glad he's been checked out by your vet and appears healthy. If full blood work has been done (including a feline leukemia/feline aids test), I would next check out an x-ray of his spine, if it hasn't been done. It may palpate fine on exam but with the swayish back and his symptoms, perhaps we may find something on a film. As far as therapy is concerned, encouraging exercise in a safe fashion and eliminating danger for him is really the best you can do. Because he has a little harder time with his coordination, I would try to discourage jumps for him and perhaps make jumping stations so his jumps are not too high going up or down. Hang in there with your little guy, it sounds like he could care less about his incoordination - so that's great!

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
care , cats , fashion , feline aids , fun , great , healthy , jumping , kitten , loving , pregnant , test , vet

Sponsored Cat Links