It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default The house I moved into has just become infested with ants. Is there a natural or...

In general, the ant traps out there tend to be fairly safe for our pets. They are usually more of a foreign body threat than a toxicity problem if ingested, but nonetheless I recommend keeping them out of reach of your cat. Some people also state success using borate or diatomaceous earth and say they are fairly safe. You will also want to be sure you keep any of your cat's food off the floor and try not to leave excessive amounts in the bowl as this could attract the ants. They do make special bowls that have a water reservoir around the food part, to keep ants away or you can do the same thing by putting your cat's food dish in a pie plate with about 1/2" of water in the bottom.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-12-2007   #2 (permalink)
Clover16

Default he house I moved into has just become infested with ants. Is there a natural..

There are 2 products I have found very useful:
Orange Guard is and orange peel extract & comes in a plastic spray bottle.
The other is called Poison-Free Ant & Roach Killer which is Mint Oil and comes in a spray can. Both can be found at ACE Hardware Stores.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-29-2009   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

You can use a vinegar water solution and spray it around.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Unread 01-30-2009   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

I will try this vinegar water solution...
Maybe it is the cheaper and effective solution...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 01-30-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

I use an electronic device called Pest Magic that sends an impulse through the electrical field that exists around electrical wiring in any home or building. This impulse irritates the nervous system of pests and other rodents and causes them to flee the area. PEST MAGIC does not kill the pests, but drives them out from within the walls where they live.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
dmcwlvssr

I have heard bay leaves are a deterrent but have never tried it

Unread 02-09-2009   #7 (permalink)
IntegraGirl

an how much is this an where lol

Unread 02-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
IntegraGirl

when an where lol

Unread 02-13-2009   #9 (permalink)
catz1

Are the ants coming 'into' the house? We had that problem about 4 yrs ago and found out the nasty lil boogers were making nests in our gutters on the roof. I never heard of that. But being we had/have a dog, we didn't want to spray insecticides. We drew a chalk line where they seem to be coming in, all the door and window entrances. Using flour works the same. Not harmful and ants hate walking through it. We also had our gutters cleaned and drained. Never had an ant problem since

Unread 02-13-2009   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

We used that chalk before...
And I can say that is effective...
But because there are lots of people coming in and out in our house...
That is not advisable anymore...
Because the line when I drew them in a minute it was erased...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

Tags
cat , cat's , cats , device , dog , environment , fleas , food , found , free , fur , furniture , great , hey , home , house , internet , kitty , links , missing , natural , nervous , poison , problem , question , search , test , water , weird , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links