It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-16-2008   #11 (permalink)
candyjanney

lol that's funny! I own two cats and two rats and the rats completely dominate the felines. They climb all over them and get up in their faces and the cats totally know their place. I can't imagine the cats ever eating the rats. I guess I have only really owned wussy kittys then.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-07-2008   #12 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catelover View Post
Cats kill rats but i think they dont like 2 eat them
I had this experience last week.Toto came into the garden with something large in his mouth.He played with it for a while,then just left it.I went out to see what it was,and to dispose of it,and it was a rat,not a huge one though.Can't have been as tasty as a mouse or bird.xxxxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-11-2008   #13 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

If my cat would catch a rat or something, I'd be more than happy. Thatd be an accomplishment cuz my cat is a bit stubborn. Haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unread 02-13-2009   #14 (permalink)
Moomingirl

If your cat happens to catch a rat that happened to have ingested rat poison, it could be very dangerous.
Rats tend to be more tolerant to toxins than many other mammals, so even if the rat ingested a small amount of it and is still running around that small amount could be enough to make your kitty sick.

edit: Ooops, I see someone already said the poison thing

Unread 02-13-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

My kits would never eat rats: they are indoor cats.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-13-2009   #16 (permalink)
catz1

My kitty is strictly indoors only. I realize it's in their nature to hunt prey such as mice and rats. I also realize that a cats digestive system is tolerant of all sorts of nasty things, not like ours. But I always assumed that feral cats did more rat chasing and eating ie. barn cats. They are use to battling a mean rat. The thought of a rat ingesting poison then a cat eating it would terrify me!!!

~Cat~

Unread 02-14-2009   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

I also consider it very dangerous

Unread 03-19-2009   #18 (permalink)
neko-chan

well..
Its actually normal..
My cats also bring rats in the house.. But they dont really eat it.. They just play with it until it dies.. But my kit do eat cockroaches..

Unread 03-19-2009   #19 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I think mine also. Sometimes I found their legs here & there. jeje

Unread 03-21-2009   #20 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Cats eats rats

I hope my 3 indoor cats don't like to eat rats, and I have never seen them doing so, not even in my hubby's restaurant. But it's amazing, during Princess Tiger's occupation in the restaurant, they reported that those rats moved out ! I once asked an expert, he said, it's because rats dislike their smell, even hate the smell as much as their existence.

Tags
amazing , baby , bat , birds , birth , bites , cat , cats , cool , eating , female , feral , found , fun , funny , happy , health , hey , house , indoor , kitty , mat , missing , mouse , outdoor , pet , play , poison , problem , question , rare , raw , sick , small , smell , wild , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links