It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Advice
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-21-2007   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default I adopted a kitten (Chelsea) from a shelter when she was just 3 months old. I was not

The herpes virus can be difficult to deal with in our cats and affects many of them. Part of the stress in it, is the unpredictability in when the virus will flare up. I would consult your veterinarian if you see squinting in either eye, a yellow/green discharge, excessive clear discharge, Chelsea is pawing at her eye, a change in the color of her eye, if her cloudiness has gotten worse, if there are other changes such as lethargy or low appetite, or if you are concerned. With eyes, I believe it is better to be safe than sorry. You are correct that there is not a cure for the virus but some people believe that giving lysine (an amino acid) can help decrease recurrences. Ask your veterinarian about this. It may also be worthwhile for you to consider consulting with a veterinary ophthalmologist to make a long term plan for Chelsea. Hope this helps.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-13-2008   #2 (permalink)
samaria

If your new kitten has come from a reputable breeder your kitten will most likely be trained to use the litter box. Kittens learn from their mothers and breeders will reinforce what mother cat has taught them.Ask the breeder which type of litter box and kitty litter your kitten is used to. Often if you change to a different brand of litter the kitten may not understand what is required of it and may stop using the litter box. If you want to change to a different brand of litter from the one the breeder used do it slowly by introducing the new litter into the old a little at a time over a period of a couple of weeks until the old litter has been replaced by the litter of your choice.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adopted , box , breeder , breeders , cat , cats , color , eye , eyes , kitten , kittens , kitty , litter , litter box , new kitten , shelter , stop , stress , type

Sponsored Cat Links