It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road
Default think my baby is dieing:(

just got back off holiday and think my gourgeous beautiful loving cat is dieing he is under my rad on some clothers he is not moving and i have offered him his favorite food and he doent want it normaly he will run up to me and give m welcome but he is not he is moving his head slightly but he is really not himslef phoned up the vet and they expect me to wait till the morning to see how he goes over night i really feel this is the end for him please can someone tell me something different
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Sounds serious ..

The first thing you need to do is : please calm down ! I don't know what happened, but just quickly, here is an article about "Symptoms of a Sick Cat". Hope this will help..

My advice, take him to the vet IMMEDIATELY ! Please keep us updated after the vet visit.

Symptoms of a Sick Cat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

A cat is not a very demanding animal to care for, but you need to be prepared for any problems that may arise concerning your cat.

First keep the phone number of your veterinarian handy in case of an emergency. Remember this information is for reference only. Always contact a veterinarian for professional advise.

Here are some symptoms of a sick cat :

Poisoning: If a cat becomes agitated and starts to have painful seizures, drooling, tremors or stops breathing it might have accidentally ingested a poison such as strychnine used to kill rat's and mice. If you discover the first signs of this behavior induce vomiting. If the cat is having trouble breathing or having tremors don't induce vomiting but carefully wrap the cat in a blanket and take it to the nearest vet.

Rabies: Rabies can also cause a cat to become agitated. Cats that frequently go outdoors, especially rural areas can come in contact with a rabid skunk, raccoon or fox and be infected by a bite. If a loving cat starts to become irritable or becomes reclusive, stars blankly, shuns light , has tremors, convulsions or staggers this can indicate rabies. If you should be bitten by a rabid cat seek medical care at once.

Shivering: This can be caused by hypothermia due to long periods of exposure to cold. The cat should be placed in a warm blanket and use a hair dryer if the cat is wet. As the cat begins to warm contact a vet on advice for other treatments.

Wound: If it is a superficial wound, first clean the wound and gently wipe away any blood or dirt using a damp cotton ball. Gently trim away the fur around the wound and apply petroleum jelly on the edges to keep hair from getting in the wound. A mild antiseptic suitable for cats should be applied to the wound. Cover the wound with gauze and secure it with adhesive tape. If the wound is more than superficial contact a vet.

Administering Medicine-Pills: In some cases you may have to administer medicine for the owners cat. To do this hold the head between your forefinger and thumb and tilt it back. Press lightly on the jaw to open the cats mouth. Place the pill on the tongue as far back in it's mouth as you can. Close the cats mouth and gently stroke the throat to help it to swallow the pill.

Don't feed a cat bones such as pork chop or chicken because they could splinter and lodge in the cats throat.Contrary to popular myth, milk is not necessary for cats and may cause an upset stomach..

Don't let the cat roam freely outside where it could be hit by a car or stolen or attacked by other animals that could be infected with rabies.

Don't give a cat any medication including aspirin without the consent of the owner or veterinarian. Human drugs (i.e Acetaminophen) are toxic to cats.

Do clean the litter box and dish bowl. Keep ample water in the drinking bowl.

Make sure the screens on the windows and doors are securely latched. Don't run the risk that the pet could slip out unnoticed.

Can't find the cat? 10 favorite hiding places for cats.
1: In a laundry basket.
2: Under the bed.
3: In a drawer.
4: Behind the drapes.
5: On top of the kitchen cabinets.
6: In the fireplace.
7: Behind a door.
8: Behind books.
9: Under the flap of an upholstered chair.
10: In the folds of an upholstered chair.

If the cat has run off and you can't find it contact the local animal shelter immediately to file a lost cat report. Shelter workers can give you tips on how to get the cat back

How to pick up a cat. Scratch the cat between the ears and across the cheekbones. Since most cats don't like to be approached from the front approach the cat from the side putting one hand under the armpits of the front legs and lifting. As soon as the hind legs start to leave the floor scoop the cat up from beneath with the other hand. Don't pick up a cat by the scruff of the neck. Only mother cats can do that safely with their kittens.

When to call a veterinarian:
I: If the cat is having a seizure.
II: You think it has ingested something toxic.
III: Has trouble urinating.
IV: Shows sign of extreme pain, shaking or collapses.
V: Loss of appetite.
VI: Trouble walking.
VII: Bouts of diarrhea and vomiting.

The winter weather is hard on pets. Make sure you have the arthritis and pain medicine you need to keep your pet moving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-06-2009   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

tried to reply earlier ive calmed down a bit now my angel is still not up on his feet and i phoned the vet and they told me to keep an eye on him over night and to bring him in in the morning im scared to move him he looks so ill i dont know if hes to far gone hes not responding to me at all and he always does i dont know what to do if somthing happens to my baby i love him so much im scared my heart might break my poor baby xx
Unread 04-06-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink29 View Post
just got back off holiday and think my gourgeous beautiful loving cat is dieing he is under my rad on some clothers he is not moving and i have offered him his favorite food and he doent want it normaly he will run up to me and give m welcome but he is not he is moving his head slightly but he is really not himslef phoned up the vet and they expect me to wait till the morning to see how he goes over night i really feel this is the end for him please can someone tell me something different

call your vet back and tell them this is an emergency!!! How dare they turn you away like that!

Who was taking care of him while you were gone? how long has he been like this? If your vet won;t see you call someone else, and I would't go back to the other palce ever.

your cat needs to be seen NOW!!!!
Unread 04-06-2009   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

my kids nan was looking after them and it was only earlier this afternoon, he doesnt seem in pain ive tried to feed him but he will not eat hes not interested in anything not even his favorite hes been alright all weekend till today???
Unread 04-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

How old is he?

It could be anything. stroke, kidney failure,heart trouble liver disease....any number of other things. Many of these are treatable (not curable but maintainable) if treatment is soon enough. I hope you have found a vet who will see your beloved furbaby by now.

"Wait and see how he does overnight" pah! Catch anyone telling me that when my cat is desperately ill. heads would roll.
Unread 04-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

he is fine today eating drinking weein and running around i dont know what that was about last night he is back to his normal self they think maybe he missed me when i wasnt here???
Unread 04-07-2009   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Chatty
zhazie meow is on a distinguished road

even tho he fine now, id be disgusted with the vet,i had a similar ordeal with my mothers dog, the vets said ooo we can see him in the morning. the dog had got a bone and it had shattered ,i rang round 4-5 more vets till i had a hit and tuck the dog straght in , he wouldnt of lasted the night, i reported the vet the next day.

sometimes as well its not the opinion of the vet u hear, its the receptionist who wants to go home at the end of the day but still a doctor wouldnt turn a human away with the same symptoms, might be best to get him looked at just to be sure he ok xx best of luckxx

<--my tribute to my kittys! proud momma to Mizu,pandora,jazzmine,suki,stich and elliot

one day cats will rule the world...its best to get in their good books now!

Rainbowbridge: teska And lennon , miss you everyday bubba's xx
Unread 04-07-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink29 View Post
he is fine today eating drinking weein and running around i dont know what that was about last night he is back to his normal self they think maybe he missed me when i wasnt here???
Oh, I'm glad to hear that all is back to normal but to be honest, I would change the vet right now. And with the new one, make sure he/she can be available when you need him/her.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
advice , animal , another cat , baby , beautiful , bite , box , care , cat , cat needs , cats , clean , color , crying , diarrhea , eating , eye , food , found , free , fur , gift , great , happy , hey , hiding , holiday , home , kitten , litter , loss , lost , lost cat , love , loving , medical , missing , morning , moving , newbie , nice , night , opinion , over night , pills , play , problems , queen , scared , shelter , sick , sickness , sleep , sleeping , story , vet , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links