It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Philly's mom is on a distinguished road
Default I need help (new here)

My cat Philly is 17 yr old male indoor cat who is going through senile stage. Philly is healthy no arthritis or any major problems. Only 1 little problem I need
help with please?
Philly has lost his hearing and howls cries ALOT, my vet says he is ageing gracefully with senelity. I spoke to my mom she said its time to put him down but I will not.
Is there anyone out there with the same situation ?
what can I do ?
He has had us awake for 3 nights now!
We try to keep him awake all day.
Please help? ASAP
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Hi Philly's Mom. . .

I'm smiling as I read your post, so forgive me. I have much experience with 'senile' cats. My first cat lived to be 22 and was healthy as a horse until the end. Yes, she howled as she too was deaf, and partially blind. Let me tell you, I miss those howls.

Presently I have a senior citizen. We don't know how old she is, but we figure she is just slightly on the sunny side of 20. She isn't howling (yet), but surely is showing signs of her age. I will tolerate each one of her quirks and treasure every moment I have with her.

If Philly is not sick, there is no reason to put him down. As far as keeping you up at night, you may try to get him to play before bedtime, or give him something to eat, or even some catnip. Maybe he will sleep better with a full belly, or a 'happy nip" fix.

Treasure every howling moment, you will miss the noise when he's gone.

Welcome to the group by the way...post often and tell us how he's doing, and how you're coping.

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Philly's mom is on a distinguished road

I cant do it to him I love him with all my heart he is a very special and well loved little boy . Philly is my 1st and only cat. I am owned by 7 birds,1 chihuahua, Philly and a hamster. I love animals
Unread 04-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Smile How sweet..

Philly's mom : Welcome to the forum !

Mary, when I read your post, I'm also smiling...thinking about each word and associating it with my three "young" kitties. I think I understand what you mean by saying : "I miss those howls.." and "Treasure every howling moment, you will miss the noise when he's gone."
All these statements are released after spending uncountable days, during those many long years with them since the first day they entered our lives...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-17-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

You're correct Irene. Although you're sorrounded by the rest of your cats, you feel there's something missing. This "something" is not only your Bridge cat's presence but his love, his company & as Mary said: to miss his noise when he's gone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-17-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Smile

So we have to treasure EVERY howling moment .... and never complain about it when he's still with you...
I am not trying to be sentimental, but I hope Philly's mom reads this post...

Unread 04-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I hope so too!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
age , animal , belly , birds , boy , cat , cat's , catnip , cats , happy , healthy , hey , indoor , kitties , lost , love , male , missing , night , play , problems , senior , sick , sleep , vet

Sponsored Cat Links