It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
candrews922

Question paralysis recovery- need advice

Hi,all. I have a male kitty who about a month ago got out and was probably clipped by a car. By what I can tell, his feeling and movement has all returned. The problem is he still is just dragging his legs like he has once he could get up and around. I have worked with them and I know he can move them in all directions and his tail has even started to move again. Does anyone here know how I can reactivate his nervous system to walking again. He can hold his weight on his feet but I need to position him and keep his feet straight. I have been trying to work with him with a harness set up to keep him up for awhile and get his legs used to doing what they once did. thanks to all who reply. His name is Ziggy.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Welcome Candrews and Ziggy !
I'm sorry to hear about Ziggy. He must be in great pain and suffers alot ! Did you take him to the vet ? If yes, what did the vet say about his current condition ? If the answer is no, then, you need to take him to the vet IMMEDIATELY, please, please, please !
No one on this website can tell exactly what is wrong with his nerve system or ligaments or joints or bones or ANYTHING caused by such an accident ! It's lucky enough that your kitty managed to survive !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-17-2009   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry for what happened to your cat. You need to take Ziggy to the vet asap. That's what you should do. Cats suffering from bone/joint problems and paralysis need to undergo therapy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unread 04-17-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have to agree with everyone it is important that Ziggy gets the right help, otherwise he may never get better.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 04-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

vipinver is on a distinguished road

hi bro ziggy need vet .

Tags
advice , car , cat , cats , great , hey , kitty , lucky , male , nervous , problem , problems , vet , weight

Sponsored Cat Links