It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2009   #1 (permalink)
dajonx

Default Feeding Two Sibling Kittens Separately

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice in feeding my two sibling kittens in separate rooms. The reason I do this is because one of my kittens (Pancakes) eats very fast and tries to eat her sister's food since she (Waffles) eats slower.

So I've been taking Pancakes to another room to feed her while Waffles eats at the usual feeding spot. If I leave Pancakes alone, she starts chirping and Waffles stops eating to come over to Pancakes. If I leave Waffles alone, Pancakes eats fine, but Waffles still comes over to look for her sister.

Anyone happen to have any advice?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Question

I don't understand why Waffles will always try to find Pancakes ?
Have you tried this : give the same amount of food, but for the faster kitty (Pancakes), add some water, make it real wet, it will take more time for her to finish, and also giving more time for Waffles to eat more.... It's just what I've been doing this to Earl Blue, my fast eater.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

You can try to feed them in two separate rooms behind closed doors. That's what we did when our now gone Domino was on a diet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road
Default Separate Feeding

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Feeding time at my house is like reserved seating at a restaurant.

Two eat together
Three are separated in various parts of the kitchen
The last one eats on top of the refrigerator (long story).

DynahKathryn waits for everyone to finish, and then she goes around and cleans up the leftovers. So, she looks like a giant grey beach ball.

I don't think it's a problem to feed them separately. Maybe when they get a bit older, you can start moving them closer together and see how it works out.

Good luck!

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Unread 04-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
dajonx

Thank you for all the advice! (For some reason, I was banned, but now I'm not!) :P

I don't understand why Waffles seeks out Pancakes when they eat either. *shrug*

I will try adding some water to Pancakes' dish tonight! Then I'll try separating the two in closed door rooms if that doesn't work. :P

Wow, on top of the refrigerator! Your cat can jump!

Unread 04-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

In my first reply post, in my mind I had them eating in a separate closed door rooms, so this is what I do when I prepare the food in the kitchen. I used to keep Earl Blue out of site when the food is prepared for them. I'll always make sure that I let Princess Tiger eat first, then Lady Fergie the second (she's fast but won't bother eating other's meal), then I'll let Earl Blue out to eat his "wet" food the last. This time difference will cause the first two eat more before Earl Blue got out and finished his.

Whose cat can't jump ? My Princess Tiger is an excellent jumper ! She's the slowest and picky one that I spoon-fed on high places (she would wait for me there), so I have to climb on chairs to feed her..this has become our daily ritual game...hehehe..

Last edited by Irene Jims; 04-23-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Tags
advice , cat , cool , diet , eating , fast , food , game , grey , hey , house , kittens , kitty , moving , problem , story , water

Sponsored Cat Links