It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-29-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Caki_Nanu is on a distinguished road
Angry It never stops....

I was in my living room when i saw something on my (4) month old kitten Nanu, at first i though it was nothing but dirt on her fur when she started moving around i noticed it was a tick!
I never saw a tick (upclose and personal) so i killed it and saved it in a little bag and took it to the vet (the vet is a block away from my house)
they confirmed it was a tick (The American Dog Tick), I immediately bought the fronline plus and the vet helped me apply it on her, as well as the Zodiac carpet and upholstery aerosol spray, as well as the Natural flea and tick shampoo for cats and dogs.
I am beside myself and shudder to think of ticks in my house, i've read online bulletins and advise on removing ticks and many people have said not even professionals can remove ticks from your house...is this true????
Has anyone experiences ticks and did they get inside the house???
I hope it doesnt become a problem because my family is waiting for any chance to get (excuse) to make me give Nanu up, they hate animals, and the fact that Nanu is an indoor cat makes me even more worried!! I dont want to loose her but i dont want my family to get sick either!

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo Da Vinci
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-29-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Oh poor Nanu... the tick is not caused by her ... she's also a victim like other members of the house ...
I heard that once a tick is found, you have to really work on it to get rid of it totally... it's kind of difficult to get removed. The Frontline Plus is very effective on my kitties .. and I'm sure your vet has some more advice on how to get rid of the tick permanently ..
Sanitary is also essential for kitties as also for people ... my three love clean and safe place to live in (they are indoor cats too, who can NEVER survive outdoors, so your worriness is true. It's CRUEL to expell them out of the house !!! So I know how you feel...), that's why I regularly clean their litter box quite often, and maintain my house cleanliness, so all the members of the household (including kitties) won't need to suffer from ticks, fleas, worms ... etc. !

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-30-2009   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Unhappy

I agree she is a victim which makes it even more harder for me because i love her to death!
I clean my house and vacuum daily. And i did buy the shampoo, the frontline as well as the carpet and upholstery spray. The vet looked at Nanu and she doesnt have any more ticks on her (thank god) but (the vet) warned me that i need to destroy all the ticks and eggs in the house! The problem is i have my 4 year old nephew living with us and (my brother) is a doctor and is extremely against animals in the house, he even objected when i bought my 2 little parakeets last year!! I bathe Nanu ever week, and she loves the water.
Are there any hints or tricks to knowing if you have ticks in the house??or how to get rid of them.. i want to kill them before the problem worsens.
Irene thank you so much for replying

Unread 04-30-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

It will be a big project to eliminate the ticks, all along with the eggs... you need to call the rats/fleas/bugs service agent and cooperate with them/procedures... When nobody is home, is the best time to do it ! I hope you can deal with it asap ! I'm with you and Nanu ! Please keep us updated.
BTW, why so many people jsut don't understand that felines are the cleanest pet (they are self-cleaning too) ? When they unfortunately get ticks, it's from the dirty environment (meaning they are contaminated), not that they polute or contaminate the already clean environment !

Unread 04-30-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

So sorry your furbaby had a tick I do hope that you don't have to get rid of your baby that is just so wrong on many levels, she keeps you happy, helps to lower blood pressure etc I hope that you can get rid of the problem quickly.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 04-30-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Frontline is the best, it's very effective

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-30-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

Cool

i had such a busy day today cleaning, i looked at every nook and cranny in my house (especially my bedroom) and i didnt find anything!...regardless i sprayed the carpet and upholstery spray just to be safe and i even brushed nanu to make sure she doesn't have anything on her...and she doesn't!..
I dont want to loose her, i would honestly die without her, thats my little baby and i dont think anybody has the right to be so cruel as to make me get rid of her...so i took matters into my own hands..
i kind of lied to my family that it wasnt a tick, i said that it was a flower bug lololol....(and when they asked me if they could look at it i lied and said i left it at the vets)...it took me a good 30 min of bullsh*ting but eventually they believed me! lol
i am not loosing her!! but lets hope that the spray destroys the ticks..i spoke to one of my friends and she told me maybe, just maybe nanu had only one tick on her and i found it and killed it since ticks dont roam in packs i should be safe
I hope thats true!! ill keep everyone updated and pray nothing else goes wrong! thanks soo much everyone and if you have any ideas or tips i would greatly appreciate it!!!
much love from me and Nanu

Unread 05-01-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Well, you never know if could have been brought in from outside on someone or something and just attached itself to Nanu. I never heard of ticks iiving in the house. I found one on Tippy once and didn't know what it was, I thought it was a growth (I'm such an idiot!) and took her to the vets. He said she had probably been somewhere where there were hedgehogs

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 05-01-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I believe this saying mentioned by Heidi... that's why I said, Nanu was contaminated bysomething/someone dirty... not she is dirty that produce the tick and contaminate the environment ... ! Plainly said, she's a victim !

PS : It's probably someone (a guest or fast food deliver boy or a mailman... could be anyone) who came into the house and brought the tick to unfortunately be transferred to Nanu... ?????

Last edited by Irene Jims; 05-01-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Unread 05-01-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

My vet told me once that WE humans, bring ticks from outside in our shoes specially when we step on a muddy surface

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
age , baby , box , boy , carpet , cat , cats , clean , cleaning , color , dog , dogs , environment , family , fast , found , friends , frontline , fur , growth , happy , hey , home , house , indoor , kitten , love , mat , moving , natural , pet , problem , project , shoes , sick , tips , tricks , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links