It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
vampyra1

Question Life's Abundance Cat Food

Hello guys! First of all, I just want to say thank you for all the advice regarding how little baby Sabotage eats. He's 6 months now and he's eating a whole lot more, depending on the brands. I try to feed him a nutritious, organic, holistic brand like organix, wellness, and newmans own. However, he also likes Meow Mix's Wholesome goodness which has good ingredients for a supermarket brand (minus organic). I will incorporate this food with his more healthier fare.

My question is about Life's Abundance cat food and treats online. This brand is not available in stores. The ingredients sounded great so I decided to order a free sample kit. Sabotage loved everything and you can see the difference in quality. The dry food looks even darker than Wellness. He gobbled everything up!

The thing is, when I went to order more ($50 worth of stuff), shipping to Hawaii is a whopping $38!!!! I contacted their customer service who was really rude and said that if I wanted their food I have to pay its weight in shipping.

Now I don't know if you folks know this, but it isn't any more expensive to send anything here to us in HI. It costs the same as anywhere else, unless of course, its out of country.

I really want to try this food but the shipping is ridiculous and customer service is crap. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

There are many more reliable quality brands in my country that don't require high shipping cost ... I personally won't bother to "import" on my own, no matter how good it is ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-05-2009   #3 (permalink)
vampyra1

Well, everything in Hawaii is kind of "imported" from other countries or from the continental U.S. 6 lb bags at Petco is a whopping $30.

Thanks for your advice, I think I'm sticking to the brands I can find here. I don't have much to choose from, but Life's Abundance customer service is crap.

Do you know if I can make my own cat food?

Unread 05-05-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I mean I won't bother to order (import) on my own, that would cost me extra high shipping cost for just buying one or several bags. I'd rather buy those imported by local import companies ... (everything here in Taiwan is also imported from other countries-- like Hill's Royal Canin, Purina, Whiskas, Fancy Feast ... ). I'm sure that customer service is awful... he misunderstood the meaning of the word "customer service".
There are several sites that offer cat food recipes... one of them is contributed by kindyroot, on of this site's members, please search his thread ... This site (I-love-cats) also has the recipe section, even for cat treats....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-05-2009   #5 (permalink)
vampyra1

Talking

You are a lifesaver, Irene! I will definitely make my own cat food! Thanks for the tips!

Unread 05-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My pleasure ! Enjoy your cooking and feeding time !

Unread 05-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Paying that much money on shipping cost isn't my thing. I always buy in pet stores where I can get discounts, hehe.

Unread 05-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
vampyra1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie View Post
Paying that much money on shipping cost isn't my thing. I always buy in pet stores where I can get discounts, hehe.
I know, shipping sucks in HI but I wouldn't trade it in for the world. I'm trying my hand at a raw diet now so high shipping for cat food is no more!

Unread 05-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
giagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyra1 View Post
I know, shipping sucks in HI but I wouldn't trade it in for the world. I'm trying my hand at a raw diet now so high shipping for cat food is no more!
good for you for trying the raw diet.....my cats got fat on a vet diet but it is my fault, they stare at me with thier big eyes and my heart melts and the food comes out. Anyhow I now feed Natures Premium and I get the raw elk, my boys love it and it has helped Mouses IBS considerably. You will have to add taurine unless you buy live mice, mice are loaded with taurine thats why cats love them. you can buy taurine at supplement stores, as well adding a drop or two of cod liver oil is great as well. Remember to bleach everything afterwards.....you dont want to contract salmonella

Unread 05-22-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giagirl View Post
good for you for trying the raw diet.....my cats got fat on a vet diet but it is my fault, they stare at me with thier big eyes and my heart melts and the food comes out. Anyhow I now feed Natures Premium and I get the raw elk, my boys love it and it has helped Mouses IBS considerably. You will have to add taurine unless you buy live mice, mice are loaded with taurine thats why cats love them. you can buy taurine at supplement stores, as well adding a drop or two of cod liver oil is great as well. Remember to bleach everything afterwards.....you dont want to contract salmonella
Eeeekkk ! I'd rather buy taurine than buy live mice ....

Tags
advice , age , animal , baby , box , cat , cat food , cat lovers , cats , changed , color , diet , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , eyes , family , fish , food , free , friends , game , great , hey , house , kitties , love , mat , meow , money , mouse , opinion , pet , problems , question , raw , royal , sad , search , small , smart , tips , type , upset , vet , vomit , weight , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links