It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
taydajumper93

Default Multiple Litter Boxes?

I have been reading that most people have multiple litter boxes. I only have one kitty, should I still keep one upstairs and one downstairs? Solo has been staying upstairs because Shelby (doggie) chills out downstairs, but I think she may start venturing more since she has only been here for a day. I plan on cleaning it at least once a day.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Well, I have two cats and only one litter box. Pixie only uses it at night cos she goes outside during the day, but Sasha always uses it. I clean it several times a day as I use clumping litter.

Unless Solo really can't get on with Shelby I think you'll be fine with just one downstairs

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

The general "rule of thumb" is one box per cat, plus one.

I have three cats and four litter boxes. When I had four cats I had five litter boxes.

If Solo has issues with the dog it might be a good idea for her to have a choice of box in different locations.

Some cats like to pee in one and poop in another.

I wasn't sure who has been there only a day, dog or cat?

welcome to the forum!
Unread 05-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
taydajumper93

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmithy View Post
Well, I have two cats and only one litter box. Pixie only uses it at night cos she goes outside during the day, but Sasha always uses it. I clean it several times a day as I use clumping litter.

Unless Solo really can't get on with Shelby I think you'll be fine with just one downstairs
They are getting much better, they are sitting on the couch together right now. I would put one downstairs, I just don't have anywhere dad will let me. Solo stays in the office though most of the time, as her food and water is in there as well as the litter, and the dog isn't allowed in there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
The general "rule of thumb" is one box per cat, plus one.

I have three cats and four litter boxes. When I had four cats I had five litter boxes.

If Solo has issues with the dog it might be a good idea for her to have a choice of box in different locations.

Some cats like to pee in one and poop in another.

I wasn't sure who has been there only a day, dog or cat?

welcome to the forum!
The dog has been here for 5 years, just got the kitty yesterday Solo has already peed and pooped in the one in the office, so I don't forsee that being much of a problem. She is my first kitty though, so I am not sure

Unread 05-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
taydajumper93

Oh, and thank you acerlt

Unread 05-12-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Great ! Sounds that she is getting used to the new environment and new friends...
I don't think there is a problem with her having one litter box in her exclussive room and having another somewhere else, if your house is very very big... or your office is far from the other parts of the house, as she may travel too far for just doing her business...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-13-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

We have 2 cats, 4 litter boxes. We started out with only 1 litter box, upstairs, but since the cats prefer being downstairs, we got more. We now have 2 upstairs, one in the cats room upstairs (where they can escape from the dog), my office upstairs, and 2 downstairs, one in the bathroom, and one in the laundry room.
Unread 05-14-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

What a convenience for Cami and Dante ... they can easily find one anywhere... Good for them !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
art , box , business , cat , cats , clean , cleaning , dog , dry , environment , food , friends , great , hey , house , kitty , litter , litter box , litter boxes , night , pee , poop , problem , travel , water

Sponsored Cat Links