It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
kittieireland

Default Keep 'em all!?!??

Hello Everyone
I am new here, and I have joined because I'm looking for some advice, & a place to share my thoughts and photo's of my kittens.

My cat (Lil) had 5 adorable kittens on the 30th April. They are now just gone 2 weeks old, and havn't changed their to-die-for looks! She had 3 girls (Calico's) and 2 Boys, (Black and white). Origionally, we intended on keeping the girls,,, but now we are seriously considering keeping all of them! Lil is going to be neutered soon, which makes these babies ever so precious to us. Lils mother came to us as a 5 week old kitten, and had her 2 babies (Lil and Theo) when she was 11 months. We feel so close to Lil, and dont ever want to lose any part of her!
Space is no option, as we have a large back garden and a nice house for them to live in. Money isn't an option either tbh!

We just dont know whether we can keep them all happy together in the long run. Every kitten will be neutered/spayed @ 6 months,

Any advice & thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks xxxxx

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road
Default Hi there!

Hi to you, Lil and the babies and welcome What is your name and where are you from?

Ooh, if I was in your position I wouldn't hesitate to keep all of them! If you have the room and are able to look after them all properly then I would go for it! There are lots of people here who have 5 or 6 cats with no problems and if they all grow up together that's fab. Hope you can post some pics, they sound adorable

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
kittieireland

Thank You! My name is Gillian and I am from Cork, In Ireland.
Yes, 6 cats doesn't sound like many, but we already have 3!! Meaning we would have 8 cats !!

Does that sound like too many? HeHe! Of course once they are all neutered it shouldn't be much of a problem, and as you said, all of the kittens will grow up together.

I will get some pictures soon

xxx

Unread 05-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Ha Ha, I see! Yes, 8 cats is quite a lot but it sounds like you're well prepared - look forward to seeing your pics Gillian

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 05-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Gillian, I knew it you're from Ireland ... it's shown in your profile member name...
Welcome to you and your gangs ! Concats on the new additions ... can't wait to see their pictures. They all sound fabulous ! Honestly, if I were you, I would keep them all, and of course I'll definetely remember to spay/neuter them (8 are quite many) !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-17-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Gillian & gang, welcome!

I don't see any problem for you to keep them...
Cannot wait to see pix!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 05-18-2009   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi Gillian and kits,I'm Cheryl from South Wales.Go for it girl,until Feb I had 7 cats,Harley passed away so I'm back down to 6.Look forward to the photos.xxxxx
Unread 05-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I would also keep them if you can afford it, they will keep you on your toes, and keep you entertained. good luck.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 05-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
kittieireland

Thank you everyone. The kittens will be 4 weeks this coming thursday and one of them (to my surprise!) nibbled on a bit of food on friday night! There is a picture of 'Hope' in the cat pictures!

Unread 05-24-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Can't wait to view Hope's picture ! (A new one ? Coz I already saw one before !)

Tags
adorable , advice , animal , babies , baby , behaviour , birth , bite , black , boy , care , cat , cat lovers , cat pictures , cats , changed , computer , crying , cut , eye , facts , female , food , found , girl , great , grey , happy , hey , home , house , interesting , joke , kittens , love , male , medical , money , moving , neuter , new home , nice , night , oops , pet food , picture , pictures , pregnant , problem , problems , profile , runt , save , soft paws , spay , spayed , surgery , tabby , thoughts , type , weaned , window

Sponsored Cat Links