It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
enigmacat

Default My brother's cat is missing :(

I just found this forum and will introduce myself and my dear cat, Champagne. Right now we're all pretty upset that Jim's cat, Sly, is missing. He always goes outside but a fence was keeping him in. Somehow, the little guy got out and hasn't been seen since yesterday (May 19th). Jim fears a raccoon got him, but I'm pretty sure they can't move as fast as an excited cat. He has put posters all over the neighbourhood, but my nieces and nephew are, understandably worried and upset.

They live 3,000 miles from here, so it's not as if we can drop by to help look. We were wondering whether or not Sly is just out enjoying himself and will eventually return when he gets hungry. I hope he's not lost too long, because they live in Stockton, California, where it rarely rains and the little guy will get thirsty.

Has anyone lost a cat before and had it return? They've only had him for a year now, but everyone's fallen hopelessly in love with him.

Thanks for reading this.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
vampyra1

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmacat View Post
I just found this forum and will introduce myself and my dear cat, Champagne. Right now we're all pretty upset that Jim's cat, Sly, is missing. He always goes outside but a fence was keeping him in. Somehow, the little guy got out and hasn't been seen since yesterday (May 19th). Jim fears a raccoon got him, but I'm pretty sure they can't move as fast as an excited cat. He has put posters all over the neighbourhood, but my nieces and nephew are, understandably worried and upset.

They live 3,000 miles from here, so it's not as if we can drop by to help look. We were wondering whether or not Sly is just out enjoying himself and will eventually return when he gets hungry. I hope he's not lost too long, because they live in Stockton, California, where it rarely rains and the little guy will get thirsty.

Has anyone lost a cat before and had it return? They've only had him for a year now, but everyone's fallen hopelessly in love with him.

Thanks for reading this.
Oh you poor thing! You and your family must be worried sick about this poor kitty. I've never had Sabotage run away from me like that but I wanted to write a reply just so you don't feel alone.

My friend has 14 cats, 3 are strictly indoor (because they were hurtfully declawed by their previous owner) and the others are indoor/outdoor. She's had a few cats go missing for a few days but they always return eventually. Wait a day or two, kitty might come back.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I don't know if you can compare this story, but we took care of a stray cat before. He was too afraid to enter our house, but he came by everyday for food. After 2 years he disappeared, he was gone for 3 months or so. We dunno what happened to him and we thought he had died, but he came back demanding a proper meal!

Oh and I just remembered another story! My sister's friend had an indoor cat who managed to escape through a window, I dunno how long he was missing, but at least a week. He came back So there is hope. Especially since he's never been outside the fence before (right?), he might find the outside world very exciting and that could be what is keeping him.

I also have a neighbor whose cat has been missing for two days, I thought about her when I read your story. She's a total mess, she had been crying all day

I feel sorry for you and your brother. I don't even want to think about losing my girl. But hang in there!
Unread 05-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
enigmacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyra1 View Post
Oh you poor thing! You and your family must be worried sick about this poor kitty. I've never had Sabotage run away from me like that but I wanted to write a reply just so you don't feel alone.

My friend has 14 cats, 3 are strictly indoor (because they were hurtfully declawed by their previous owner) and the others are indoor/outdoor. She's had a few cats go missing for a few days but they always return eventually. Wait a day or two, kitty might come back.
Thanks so very much for your speedy response. We are just waiting to see if Sly comes wandering back. He may just be having a good time somewhere. It's the not knowing that's so hard and anyone here who's had a cat go missing knows how incredibly stressful it is. We'll just keep praying.

Unread 05-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hello enigmacat and Champagne ! Welcome to the forum ! I believe, there is always hope ! Take note that I personaly had a successful experience here in Taiwan with my friend's missing cat who had been missing for several days, and my friend was so desperate. My friend knows that I get along well with all her cats, and it would be better to take me (not those people the cats don't feel comfortable with) out for the search. We decided to follow the vet's instructions. We had to do it at night, when it's more quiet (traffic, people...), it's instinctively for a cat to hide during the day from danger (mean people & other animals). And we went with her favorite treat and a can of wet food (also her favorite), in that quiet and dark night we kept calling her name within the neighborhood... and suddenly, she came out from under a parked vehicle, scared (another mean stray cat was there like trying to control her), we kept talking to encourage her to come closer, finally she went for the food very near to us (within our hand reach) until we could grab her with a thick towel (to avoid fleas or ticks to get to us) and brought her home then to the vet the next day. Please try to follow this method if your brother thinks it is workable too there in California. And please keep us updated on the result.
My prayer goes out to the missing kitty.
PS : Any picture of Champagne for the world to see ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

I'm so very sorry Sly disappeared but eventually he will come back, it's hope.
Cannot wait to see pix of your kits soon. Pls keep us posted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 05-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry for what happened, but just be hopeful. Losing a cat would be devastating. I wouldn't allow that to happen.

Tags
age , california , care , cat , cats , crying , family , fast , fleas , food , found , girl , hey , home , house , indoor , indoor/outdoor , kitty , lost , love , mess , missing , night , outdoor , picture , scared , search , sick , story , stray , upset , vehicle , vet , wet food , window

Sponsored Cat Links