It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-25-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

voldo37 is on a distinguished road
Default controlling litter dust

how do you control the dust from the litter?? when I clean my cats litter box every night there is dust that gets everywhere. I have to go wash my face after I do it because all I can taste and smell is litter box. I am using Fresh Step scoopable clumping cat litter. My cat likes it. Any thoughts??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-25-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

I'd suggest using a different litter, the dust can cause respiratory complaints in humans and other animals. There are litters without dust issues though like most things the better litters are a bit more expensive. I'll have a look for the bag of the litter I'm trying at present in the morning and tell you what it is, it's a couple of dollars more expensive (Australian dollars) than the others I've used previously but zero dust and it's pretty good at odour absorption too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-25-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

voldo37 is on a distinguished road

I live in a rural area and only have access to a Walmart and Kmart so it will need to be something I can get there. The nearest pet store like Petsmart or Petco is about 175 miles away so I dont get there very often.
Unread 05-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

Hmm can't speak for Walmart but the local K-Mart has the brand in stock. The bag in question is about 11-12lbs and according to the packaging is supposed to be enough for a month. The Petsmart chain here carries it as well, the pic in my album with myself in the blue and white striped shirt was taken in a petsmart store. And I got it from the Petdirect Warehouse, so it's a pretty common brand at least in Australia.
Unread 05-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I had that dust everywhere too when I used only Fresh Step scoopable. So I now combine this brand with Arm & Hammer Super Scoop. It gets better now. I don't know why ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-25-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

We use Arm&Hammer multi-cat scoopable litter. We've never had dust problems with it. It has baking soda mixed in, so it keeps down on the odors as well. We buy it at Kmart.
Unread 05-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I bought Arm & Hammer Deodorizer Baking Soda to eliminate the bad odor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
I bought Arm & Hammer Deodorizer Baking Soda to eliminate the bad odor.
We have that as well, but I have yet to open it The litter itself is pretty good, has a soft floral scent. Nothing overpowering, just a soft scent.
Unread 05-25-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I use litter pearls. No dust there and it absorbs smell. My small apartment is absolutely free of kitty litter smell, hehe!
Unread 05-25-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I agree Crystal, I like the litter itself too.
Katrine, I haven't tried pearls before. Would like to see if my kitties will love it or not ?

Tags
apartment , baking soda , beds , blog , box , cat , cats , clean , eye , free , friendly , friends , great , happy , hey , interesting , kitties , kitty , litter , litter box , love , mess , morning , moving , night , pearls , pet , petsmart , poo , present , problems , question , save , small , smart , smell , striped , thoughts , uti , wash

Sponsored Cat Links