It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
Mad Cat Lady

Question Pregnancy?!?!

Roxy my 3yr old escaped for 3 days whilst in season.

She has come home and at first I was sure she was pregnant as her tummy was slightly bloated and her nipples are more prominant then normal.

Now, Im not so sure. She is being shy for some reason but still mega affectionate as always.

But shes still doing her mating call and trying to find ways to escape!!! Also when you stroke her she crouches down with her bum in the air.

If she was pregnant would she still be trying to find a mate?!?!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

It may have something to do with cats mating several times? A litter of kittens tend to have different fathers for this reason.
Unread 05-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Oh, I know it's horrible for you to see her in such condition, it's cruel for her. I will suggest that you take her to the vet for a check up. Maybe she is not ? If not, than concats ! I hope the vet can give you an exact answer and please keep us updated.
Sorry that I must admit I was wondering why she is not spayed yet at the mature age of three ?
Good luck Kate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
Mad Cat Lady

I have only had Roxy for about 10 days.

Her last owners never spade her and allowed her to have 3 litters. She had only just given birth when they allowed the next mating.

I took her on with the intention of getting her spayed, however, before I had a chance to call my vet she escaped!!!

Unread 05-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Just for 10 days ! Oh poor little girl ...she's been in heat for such a long time and kept having babies... If she's your kitty since her kittenhood, I'm sure she would have been spayed already and doesn't need to be in this unpleasant situation. It's good for her to have found you as her new meowmy, otherwise ... the cat population will ... you know what I mean... (I can't just imagine)
I hope she is not really pregnant ... or not yet pregnant...
Well done Kate and keep up the good work !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 06-14-2009   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

angelhrvatica is on a distinguished road

I've been in cat rescue for many years and this has happened to me only once because I only keep adult males and females one kind at a time.. But a male followed us in off the street when we had two female fosters whose spays had not yet come up. (one was cancelled due to medical emergency). We ended up with a total of five kittens... and I am sorry that the cat population was added to! As you have described with your situation with rescuing your baby, sadly sometimes they will find a way!

Take her to a vet. They should be able to confirm pregnancy. If she is pregnant, then... she is pregnant. Let her have her kittens and have her spayed 8 weeks after they are born, and don't let her out in the meanwhile. If she is not pregnant- please schedule her spay on your way out the same day!!

God bless you for rescuing this baby and I hope all turns out for the best, either way!

Tags
adult , affectionate , age , babies , baby , birth , bloated , cat , cats , found , girl , heat , hey , home , in heat , kittens , kitty , litter , mating , medical , pregnancy , pregnant , rescue , spayed , vet

Sponsored Cat Links