It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
dockim328

Default fleas!

I had six kittens and used Frontline on them about 2 weeks ago. I still have 4 of them and they are covered in fleas. They are outside cats. Anything I can do? I don't want my dog who is inside to get fleas too!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

twokitties is on a distinguished road

I Had this problem too had 3 cats and 3 dogs it was horriable. I took my cooker to get a hair cut and they told me. I was paronid coz I had them once before. I called the vet he said the best thing I could do is the frontline and they will not go away over night. I also looked up online about natural things to do also. They hate euculptus And they talked about borax you get in the grocery store by the laundry soap I mixed them together and sprinkeled it on my carpet. I know I did not spell eucilptus right but I bought the oil. I worked great I thought. It took about a month but the time before was worse. I had to get the bug man 2-3 times to spray my house and that was when I only had 1 dog.
So good luck. Just remember it takes time to go away.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

If you have one that could have gotten in the house, chances are you have more, sadly. You can get flea products to spray on your carpeting, but I would use it on the furniture as well. We've never had a flea problem here, we treat all our critters (2 cats, 1 dog) with Frontline Plus.
Unread 06-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I suggest that you keep your kitties indoor too, just like your dog, after the fleas treatment. I apply Frontline Plus regularly, every two months, so far so good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 06-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

There are some effective cat flea sprays on the market. Frontline make such a spray. In the meantime, separate your dog with your cats.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Unread 06-03-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

If the kits are outdoor's I believe they will get fleas permanently. Try to keep them inside, apply Frontine (is the best) & bomb your house. Sprays are not so effective.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Right spray is not enough...
Better clean your house too....
Keep the kittens inside the house...
Also separate the one that has more fleas to the one that don't have...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

Tags
carpet , cat , cats , clean , cut , dog , dogs , dry , fleas , frontline , fur , furniture , great , hey , house , indoor , kittens , kitties , natural , night , outdoor , over night , problem , vet

Sponsored Cat Links