It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-07-2009   #11 (permalink)
Forgeteden

We are taking her to the vet on Monday (tomorrow) to see what the problem is. Currently she is having contractions. At least it appears to be. They look really bad - her stomach is bulging up and waving. She doesn't appear to be in any pain, but she is panting a little. She still hasn't made a nest, however. She's on the arm of the couch.

I'm concerned because she is a bit unresponsive - she is still breathing, flipping her tail, and purring, though. Anybody know what this could mean?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-07-2009   #12 (permalink)
Maddmag2

cats like their privacy. put her in a laundry basket or a big box with low sides with a towel away from prying human eyes but keep close check on her in case she is having a difficult delivery. if you could make her a bed of towels in a spare room, that would be even better because she wouldn't have to climb out if need be.they prefer to have their babies in private. keep food & water & some kitty milk conveniently close for her. she may have already nested someplace before you found her which could explain her not nesting now. they nest early in the pregnancy.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-07-2009   #13 (permalink)
Maddmag2

keep in mind, she may have lost the kittens & is having a hard time delivering them since you say they are no longer moving. if she doesn't deliver soon & the kitties are gone, you need to get her to a vet or you could lose her too. she may need help getting them out. i don't mean to scare you but i felt this had to be said for the sake of mommy kitty.

Unread 06-07-2009   #14 (permalink)
Forgeteden

I dont think that the kittens are gone, because they just started moving again. Like pushing hard on her tummy. There are two really big ones on her right side. But I'm not for certain - it was only a matter of days since they stopped moving.

She is due any day now. We made a few spots for her. We live in a small house, and only one room is unoccupied during the day (and most of the night) and that is my bedroom. The only problem with that, is, that she likes to go behind the hot water heater in my closet (there's no door) and it could be dangerous because we use natural gas, and it gets really hot whenever somebody takes a shower.

Tomorrow I'm taking her to the vet - I'll update everybody then. :] Thanks for all the good advice and warnings!

Unread 06-07-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I'm praying for you, Pumpkin and her kittens. Thank God they're still moving. Sincerely hope they're all healthy and fine. Good that you have prepared some nice nesting spots for her. However, is it possible to block the way to the water heater ?
Hope to hear the good news tomorrow !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Irene Jims; 06-07-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Unread 06-09-2009   #16 (permalink)
Forgeteden

I took her to the vet and the kittens are fine! There are five of them in total and Pumpkin is really healthy! However, we will need to get her and the kittens dewormed as soon as possible.

The doctor said that she is due any day between tonight and Wednesday night - so I hope for the best!

Irene Jims - I managed to find a thin wooden board hiding on a shelf in my closet. I blocked off entrance to behind the water heater, cleaned up my bedroom, and put the nesting box that was under the coffee table (which she never went any where near lol) in my bedroom underneth a blanket held up by boxes and a wooden slab. Shes quite interested in it!

Right now she is pacing around the house and meowing and panting - I'm not sure if its due to the heat, but the vet said that this was a major sign of labour.

On another note, all her nipples are pink now! :]

---Pumpkin's daddy Isaac

Unread 06-09-2009   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

This is great news!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-09-2009   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi Isaac, Pumpkin's paw-paw :
I'm most relieved to hear the great news about their health !
And it's good that you managed to block the entrance to the water heater, so she won't be able to get near it any longer. I think the nesting place you prepared has really attracted her, hope she is ready to use it by now ...
If the vet said she's due any day between tonight and Wednesday night, then it's sooner than I first expected (I didn't know that all her nipples turned pink that fast ! ...LOL...)
Keep praying and hoping for the best ! Don't forget to keep us posted and upload some pictures after the kittens are born (Pumpkin is quite a productive mom to have five !)

Unread 06-14-2009   #19 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Inspired
katlady is on a distinguished road
Default Pregnant Cat

I, too, "adopted" a stray and found out she was pregnant. I, too, am new at this. My cat is about 8 months old so she's a kitten having kittens. She hasn't started nesting yet. She is extremely affectionate to humans but a bit testy with the rest of the feline family(she's 8 of . My problem is that she has started to rub her rump on the carpets. I don't see any signs of worms but plan to call my vet to possiblly worm her as she was not done when she had her initial check up after we found her. She is eatting well and drinking normally. Her stool is a little softer than normal and in smaller amounts. She appeared to be straining to defecate today. Good luck to Pumpkin.

Katlady, mom to Sahara, Griswald, Lynx, Cutie Pie, Little Girl, Blanca, Scheherazade(Hazi), and Angel

Last edited by katlady; 06-14-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: needed to edit number of cats
Unread 06-15-2009   #20 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady View Post
I, too, "adopted" a stray and found out she was pregnant. I, too, am new at this. My cat is about 8 months old so she's a kitten having kittens. She hasn't started nesting yet. She is extremely affectionate to humans but a bit testy with the rest of the feline family(she's 8 of . My problem is that she has started to rub her rump on the carpets. I don't see any signs of worms but plan to call my vet to possiblly worm her as she was not done when she had her initial check up after we found her. She is eatting well and drinking normally. Her stool is a little softer than normal and in smaller amounts. She appeared to be straining to defecate today. Good luck to Pumpkin.

Katlady, mom to Sahara, Griswald, Lynx, Cutie Pie, Little Girl, Blanca, Scheherazade(Hazi), and Angel
HI, Katlady, welcome to you and the Gang ! I thank God for you, who care about the unwanted, especially the "pregnant kitten". Hope to hear good news after the vet visit.
Oh, I'm Irene from Taiwan !

Tags
angry , annoyed , babies , behavior , belly , birth , bite , box , breathing , care , cat , cats , dry , eye , eyes , fast , food , found , girl , great , growl , hey , hiding , hiss , home , kitten food , kitty , labour , licking , lost , love , loving , mat , meowing , money , moving , nutrition , pet , pregnancy , pregnant , problem , scratch , small , strange behavior , uncomfortable , vet , water , weaned , weird , worry

Sponsored Cat Links