It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
Norbit

Default !! URGENT !! My newborn kitten is dying?

I already keep my newborn kitten(orphaned) for 2 days now and she doesn't seems to be interested with cow's milk i fed her with. It worries me so much because lots of thick saliva started to come out from her mouth since few hours ago. And her pink lips starts to turn a bit grey..What should i do?This is my 1st tym having a newborn kitten..Will it cost much if i took her to a vet?How long do you think she will survive before i took her to the vet??

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Thank you for rescuing her.
Please take her to the vet RIGHT AWAY ! No more delays ! Your kitten is supposed to be fed with KITTEN MILK, not just cow milk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Yes, please. Take him to the vet IMM!!! We cannot help you from here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

First off, get that kitten to a vet. Second, your kitty should have KITTEN milk, cow's milk is too fatty and thick for them to swallow, much less digest properly! Any grocery store, or pet store will have the kitten milk, even walmart and target sell it.
Unread 06-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I agree with everybody above, take the kitten to the vet and cow milk is dangerous to it!
Unread 06-14-2009   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

angelhrvatica is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry! First of all- Kitten Milk Replacement "KMR" is best for kittens especially newborns. Cow's milk doesn't meet their nutritional needs and can be harmful.

Your kitten may need nourishment and hydration, so take it to a vet. But please understand that at this age (birth through four weeks) some kitten just don't make it. Kittens orphaned at birth have at best a 50% survival rate, because we just can't match everything mama cats can do for their kittens. God bless you for trying- it wouldn't have had ANY chance without you!!! Please take some comfort in that! I've been there and I know how heartbreakingly sad and scary it can be when one you've put all your energy into helping takes a turn for the worst.

Some kittens have defects of the blood vessels, heart and digestive system. They can die anywhere in the first 3 MONTHS of life from these defects, but the most common age is between birth and 4 weeks. Some kittens die of Fading Kitten Syndrome, which is like SIDS and nobody is sure what causes it.

I wish you all the best... ! I hope the vet can help your baby! But if they can't.. God Bless you for trying!!!!
Unread 10-16-2012   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Angelic
kikipao is on a distinguished road

I suggest bring your pet to a vet..that is a very sensitive part,

Tags
age , baby , birth , cats , cow's milk , dying , grey , hey , kitten , kittens , kitty , newborn , newborns , orphaned , pet , sad , scary , thick saliva , urgent , vet

Sponsored Cat Links