It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
Sharon78

Default Getting a Second Cat

I am looking at getting a second cat.

My current cat has been with me for 5 months, and she is a Siamese. she is about a year and a half. She came from the SPCA.

I am looking at a cute little guy at the SPCA. he is about 3 months old. He isn't a siamese.

I know about socializing the new guy, and I have a bathroom that he can hang out in until he is comfy. I will get him his own litter box, food, and dishes.

Do you think these two will be okay together? I'm worried that he is going to end up bigger than her, but at the same time, I think she would hold her own.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Sounds like you've got a good plan. Since your cat is a Siamese, I think it's great you get another one as they are very social.
Unread 06-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
Sharon78

Thanks! Hopefully it'll help kitty out while I'm at work.. I feel bad for her home and alone and bored.

I know she has a toy or two to play with when I"m gone, but its just not the same.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon78 View Post
Thanks! Hopefully it'll help kitty out while I'm at work.. I feel bad for her home and alone and bored.

I know she has a toy or two to play with when I"m gone, but its just not the same.
Concats on getting a new addition ! You're absolutely right, your lady needs a playmate, especially when you are not home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 06-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Sounds like you've got a good plan. Since your cat is a Siamese, I think it's great you get another one as they are very social.
Siamese cats are very social with humans, Katrine
But Sharon don't need to be concerned: in the beginning there will be "fireworks" as usual & in another 2 weeks or so (depends on the cat) all will be Okay. Don't worry Sharon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
Sharon78

I am going after work to get the new one... provided he hasn't been adopted already. He looks like a real rascal on the website, and it should be very interesting! lol

Ralph is a very playful, active grey/white tabby, approx. 2 months old. Ralph arrived at the shelter as a stray on May 4th.

Unread 06-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon78 View Post
I am going after work to get the new one... provided he hasn't been adopted already. He looks like a real rascal on the website, and it should be very interesting! lol

Ralph is a very playful, active grey/white tabby, approx. 2 months old. Ralph arrived at the shelter as a stray on May 4th.
What a cutie pie he is!!!

Unread 06-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
Sharon78

Yep... I have a name for him already! RJ... Ralph Jr... My dad's name is actually Ralph, so i thought it was fate I get this guy... so hopefully he is still there! I know Willow was showing as adopted within an hour!

Unread 06-19-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Why don't you adopt another Siamese? What's your location, Sharon?

If you need more details, you can email to: CoSrc@SiameseRescue.org

RMSR and some of our kitties looking for homes were featured on Petline9 on KUSA Denver Channel 9 on Saturday morning (6/13). Here's a link to the video for folks who are interested in seeing it: http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?aid=79817

The volunteers on the show were Carol and Jeri and the kitties were Midnight, Pebbles, Millie and Lolli Pop.

Unread 06-19-2009   #10 (permalink)
Sharon78

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Why don't you adopt another Siamese? What's your location, Sharon?

If you need more details, you can email to: CoSrc@SiameseRescue.org

RMSR and some of our kitties looking for homes were featured on Petline9 on KUSA Denver Channel 9 on Saturday morning (6/13). Here's a link to the video for folks who are interested in seeing it: http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?aid=79817

The volunteers on the show were Carol and Jeri and the kitties were Midnight, Pebbles, Millie and Lolli Pop.

They don't have any young Siamese at the shelter.... Everything I have read says to get a second cat that is younger. If you have a female, to either get another female or a male. don't have two males.

saskatoonspca.com

Tags
addition , adopted , animal , another cat , baby , box , breeds , cat , cats , color , cute , facebook , fast , female , food , foster , found , friendly , fun , great , grey , heat , hey , home , homes , interesting , kitten , kitties , kitty , litter , litter box , male , morning , no-kill , picture , play , rescue , search , shelter , shelters , siamese , social , spayed , stray , tabby , video , vocal , worry

Sponsored Cat Links