It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-23-2009   #1 (permalink)
elliebelly

Unhappy tips for keeping a cat from peeing on the floor

My husband and I recently relocated to another state with our Cat, Ellie. We are living with family and have 2 other cats in the house. Recently, our cat began peeing outside her litter box on a few door mats/rugs. I'm worried that my family won't want us to keep her if she continues. I relaize this is sometimes common and could be from stress that she is picking up on from within the house. Does anyone have any advice or tips for us in dealing with this? We love her so much and couldn't imagine not having her with us because of a problem like this. Thanks so much!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome to you and Ellie.Aw poor little thing,it is most probably due to stress.
What is she like with the other cats?I think you should take her to the vets to rule out any infections.xxxxx
Unread 06-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
elliebelly

Thanks! We have lived with family since February. It was an adjustment for her at first, but now they play together and get along well!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Oh I see,well I think you should make an appointment with the vets.
One of our other members had this problem,and it turned out his kitty had a urine infection.So it's better to be safe than sorry.Please come back and update us.xxxxx
Unread 06-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Welcome to you and Ellie ! I agree with Cheryl, hope you take her to the vet to rule out her problem. I know you love her so much, as much as I do my fur-babies.. and can't afford them being sick or uncomfortable, even stressed !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 06-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Yes, it sounds like it could be a UTI. Better have her checked!

Tags
advice , babies , box , cat , cats , family , fur , hey , house , infection , kitty , litter , litter box , love , peeing , play , problem , sick , stress , tips , uncomfortable , urine , uti , vet

Sponsored Cat Links