It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
Sharon78

Default Feeding an adult and a kitten

So in the near future, I plan to leave Willow and Rosco together while I go to work.

Right now Willow is in my bedroom/bathroom while I go to work. And her litter box, and food is in the bathroom.

Rosco is in my guest bathroom, again, with his own food and litterbox.

How is this going to work with Rosco being on kitten food and Willow on adult? Will I just have to feed Rosco seperate when I get home?

I currently have construction going on in my basement, so for their safety, they are in a closed room while I am gone. My contractor doesn't always remember to close doors, and I would hate for either of them to run away or get in the way.

But until Rosco is onto adult food, I'm not sure how to handle this. Any suggestions?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Oh, I fed them all kitten food when the second and then third kitty came to join us. It's better to feed adult kitties with kitten food than to feed kittens adult food. Until the ktitens are big enough (depends on each different individual, at least 8 - 10 months -- I could start earlier with Earl Blue who is a big eater and grows fast, but not with Lady who is also a big eater but remains small..hehe). With my 2nd kitty, Lady Fergie, I fed them RC for kittens age 3 months old - 1 year old, (Princess is just 4 months older than Lady). Now with Earl, I have to change my feeding method, now they are scheduled, I feed them in separate rooms until Earl was approx. 8 months old, I still schedule feed them (twice a day, with snacks in between -- total 4-5 times a day).. coz Earl is really a big eater ! To balance, I trick Lady and Princess (especially Princess who is very picky) by giving them bigger amount of snack (Earl Blue never complains though). They're trained to take turn when giving them treat, snacks... I give Earl Blue smaller bites ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I remember when my now-gone Domino was on a diet, DH saw that he wouldn't eat the others' food. He simply stood there like a guard...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
adult , age , art , bites , box , diet , fast , food , hey , home , kitten , kitten food , kittens , kitties , kitty , litter , litter box , litterbox , small , suggestions

Sponsored Cat Links