It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-02-2009   #1 (permalink)
phileas

Default phileas

My 3 month old kitten has taken to following me around, everywhere. From chair to chair, room to room, its making me a little bit crazy. I have lived alone for many years and am not used to this at all. She lives in a 1 bed 1st floor flat with access to a large roof at the back(although she doesnt go out there much). She seems otherwise well (a bit of a picky eater), and playful. I have had cats when i was young but they all seemed much more aloof than this, is there a way to 'ween' her off 'me'.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

My cats follow me all over, I love it, although it's a bit difficult during feeding times
Sounds like your cat just wants to be around you, to know that you are there always. If it bothers you too much, you can try confining your cat to it's own room/area (complete with toys, scratching post, litter pan, etc) for small periods of time. This will get your cat used to being without you.
Unread 07-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

My cat follows me everywhere too. I can't even go to the bathroom anymore without her complaining and trying to get in from the crack under the door, hehe. I take it as a big compliment though

You can use a baby grind if you want to prepare food for yourself. Maybe it will help getting her a playmate?
Unread 07-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum ! I would rather suggest that you find her a playmate. But still no guarantee that will work. I have three cats at home, and all of them will stay in the same room where I am, and Lady Fergie is the one who will follow me all over, even to the bathroom ! But honestly, I love it !
Buying them toys will help a bit though. But I think my cats are more interested in me (their meowmy) than in the toys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-03-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
Welcome to the forum ! I would rather suggest that you find her a playmate. But still no guarantee that will work. I have three cats at home, and all of them will stay in the same room where I am, and Lady Fergie is the one who will follow me all over, even to the bathroom ! But honestly, I love it !
Buying them toys will help a bit though. But I think my cats are more interested in me (their meowmy) than in the toys.
That's so sweet! Irene and her followers, hehe I think it's nice to have someone interested in what you are doing all the time. Even if it means you have to watch out constantly not to step on them
Unread 07-03-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
That's so sweet! Irene and her followers, hehe I think it's nice to have someone interested in what you are doing all the time. Even if it means you have to watch out constantly not to step on them
Yeah, that's the only problem I have now ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-03-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hehe, me too; specially Lady Brenda, she's always in the middle of anything!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-03-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Hehe, me too; specially Lady Brenda, she's always in the middle of anything!
Lady Brenda and Lady Fergie, these two Ladies are faithful followers !

Unread 07-07-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Anastasia is so quiet too, suddenly she's right behind you. My friend's mother (whom we've stayed with now the last days) has a cat that makes a lot of noise, so she always knows where she is. My friend's mother told me she was surprised over how quiet my big cat is, hehe. But I'm the same way, actually. I am very quiet and I tend to scare people unintentionally. We are a perfect pair!
Unread 07-07-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Anastasia is so quiet too, suddenly she's right behind you. My friend's mother (whom we've stayed with now the last days) has a cat that makes a lot of noise, so she always knows where she is. My friend's mother told me she was surprised over how quiet my big cat is, hehe. But I'm the same way, actually. I am very quiet and I tend to scare people unintentionally. We are a perfect pair!
Hahaha ! What a perfect pair ! I think Anastasia makes noise with her action, not with her voice !

Tags
baby , cat , cats , crazy , food , hey , home , kitten , litter , love , nice , problem , scratching , small , toys

Sponsored Cat Links