It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
kayNkitty

Default introduced pup 2 cat (part 2)

puppy is now home. we havent let Kitty 2 close so we havent had no injuries. we let her have a sniff when pup was sleeping, stroking her to keep her calm, and rewarded her with a bit of ham. had a little bit of indifference at the babygate but as i said no injuries - we have chicken wire on the gate and a board covering another third of the door.

Kitty is fine all the while pup is sleeping, a bit cautious when he's active so we are keepin them apart when pup is awake and lettin Kit in the room when pups asleep...

will keep you all posted but so far so good...fingers crossed!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
kayNkitty

p.s i am seriously thinkin about gettin a feliway plug-in, dont want Kit getting 2 stressed, i know its only 1 day so far and she is still eating but i havent noticed her visiting her litter box - unless she is all of a sudden going outside lol

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Having a dog, and having to introduce it to 2 cats, and also working with dogs professionally makes me caution you: if you do this and your dog wakes up while you are doing so, your dog could be startled into attacking.
It's best you do introductions when both the kitty and the dog are awake and aware, it will avoid any injuries even farther.
Unread 07-06-2009   #4 (permalink)
kayNkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiDante View Post
Having a dog, and having to introduce it to 2 cats, and also working with dogs professionally makes me caution you: if you do this and your dog wakes up while you are doing so, your dog could be startled into attacking.
It's best you do introductions when both the kitty and the dog are awake and aware, it will avoid any injuries even farther.
good thinking, i cant believe i didnt think about that!

Unread 07-07-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Fingers crossed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Great advice, Crystal !

I tend to heed Crystal's advice/warning .. she's experienced in introducing kitty to puppy !

Unread 07-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
I tend to heed Crystal's advice/warning .. she's experienced in introducing kitty to puppy !
I also work in a dog daycamp/boarding facilty, and I've had extensive classes in dog training/behavior
Unread 07-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiDante View Post
I also work in a dog daycamp/boarding facilty, and I've had extensive classes in dog training/behavior
Now you also can do extensive training classes in cat's behavior !

Unread 07-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
kayNkitty

all going brilliantly i am very relieved! Kit will approach Kai whenever she wants they've even been nose-to-nose a few times. i still watch with caution as it is early days. Kit chased a cat off the fence last night and i was worried that it would set her back in a way that she would be angry towards Kai but its all still as it was. We are keeping Kai away from Kittys sleeping places so she still has her personal parts of the house. Kits had a go at Kai once but only a swipe not a full on barney, i know when Kai is pushing it now and call him away when Kit raises a paw slowly as a warning so i have time before she strikes! I think Kit has forgiven me partly as she now jumps up on the sofa again when i call her up and is back sleeping on my bed and not ignoring me when i call her lol (which she stopped the 1st few days ) i have a few pics...how do i put them up?

Unread 07-09-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Great progress for you! My dog still does chase cats around the neighborhood, it's fun to chase! There will be times when your dog will chase your kitty around the house (mine does it ALLLLL the time), let them do so, but watch for any aggressiveness on your dog's part, and remember that your kitty has claws and will tell the dog what they like and do not like. When my Lily gets too rambunctious, the claws come out! Lily has learned that when the claws come, it's time to settle down!

Tags
adorable , advice , aggressive , angry , art , attacking , behavior , black , box , calm , camera , cat , cat's , cats , computer , dog , dogs , eating , eye , found , friends , great , hey , home , house , kai , kitty , litter , litter box , love , morning , night , nose , paw , play , profile , puppy , sleeping , small , training , type

Sponsored Cat Links