It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
saberkat

Exclamation 1/2 kitten 1/2 cobra?!

so i have this kitten shes about 3 months old um....is she suposed to be evil? lol she will run up to me and bite me and run off, like a cobra or sumthing lol. she barely lets me pet her, i guess its because she thinks im playing? do all kittens do that?????

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

All cats are different, but they tend to be more playful as kittens. Try your best to not let her bite you. Play with her a lot using toys, never play with her using your hands! I figure kittens at that age don't have enough time to be petted and prefer to play.

My cat doesn't like to be petted much either, she's 8 months old. That may have something to do with my cat's breed though, so don't worry.
Unread 07-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Katrine is right. Kittens tend to be more playful than adult cats. My Princess used to be like a 'cobra' too, when she's a little kitten (she liked to bite my ankle) with her hit and run games. Kittens will think we are their playmates. But I do not encourage her by ignoring her and leave to another room(never rebuke your kitty - coz she won't associate the punishment with her act, but with YOU, causing her to eventually lost her trust in you.). When I play with her, I will use toys. Oh, she used to think my legs are her scratching posts too ! The only habit that never changed is her licking my face...which I love.
After a while, her character and personality is completely developed, and our relationship now is like mother-child relationship. She is now very affectionate and loving, and of course - we're now very attached to each other.

Luckily, among my kitties, she's the only one with that personality - as Katrine said, they are all unique with different personalities - so I treat them individually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Irene Jims; 07-12-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Scratching post. Ouch! Bella (my friend's mum's cat) loves to use people as scratching posts, my friend told me she only scratches the people she loves though and preferably when they are wearing jeans. I'm glad I don't have to train mine off of that as well

As toys, I recommend feather wands, most cats loves them! Also toy mice for your kitty to play with by herself.
Unread 07-12-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Scratching post. Ouch! Bella (my friend's mum's cat) loves to use people as scratching posts, my friend told me she only scratches the people she loves though and preferably when they are wearing jeans. I'm glad I don't have to train mine off of that as well

As toys, I recommend feather wands, most cats loves them! Also toy mice for your kitty to play with by herself.
Oh yeah, she loves me very much !! In fact, she adores me !!

My kitties have lots of mice and a few feather wands of all kind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-12-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I never doubted that she did, Irene
I meant to recommend the toys for Saberkat. I can imagine you having plenty of toys!
Unread 07-12-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Yep, generally they do things like these But he must know you're not a toy...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-12-2009   #8 (permalink)
saberkat

haha ok thanks ill b sure to get her more toys

Unread 07-12-2009   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

Da bird is a great cat toy Use it all the time with mine.
Unread 07-20-2009   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Fine
Catlover1 is on a distinguished road

My cat, Gilligan, always hides away his mice (even before we got another kitten) & puts them all in a group under the edge of the sofa, behind the door of the closet we don't open much, or under the fridge-which is usually accidental

~~~~~~~~~
~Silverleaf

Tags
adult , affectionate , age , bite , breed , cat , cat's , cats , changed , cute , games , great , hey , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , licking , lost , love , loving , personality , pet , play , playing , scratching , toys , worry

Sponsored Cat Links