It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
kimberly*

Unhappy Fleas everywhere!

Hi, im kim. i have a blue point himalayan cat, who is 8 months old. She is an indoor cat and got fleas from one of her "friends" but the fleas have infested my house. We gave her a flea bath and then put medicine on the back of her neck. then fogged the house and cleaned the carpet. but we have still been finding them. What can i do to get rid of them? almost all of them are gone on my cat, but now they are biting my kids! help me please. i dont know what else to do to get rid of them. thank you, kim

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I think you don't have another choice than bombing your entire house...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome to the forum!

What did you use on your cat? If you used something other that frontline plus or revolution you will continue to have trouble.

Over the counter flea products are not effective and can be dangerous. (they can kill your cat) You need an effective medicine that kills both the fleas and the eggs to break the life cycle of the flea.

Get some frontline plus at your vet. First check with the vet on if it's safe to use on your cat after using something else.

Use the Frontline PLUS as directed (apply once every 30 days) and vacuum daily with an upright vacuum cleaner. After a few months the flea problem will disappear, but I recommend you continue with the frontline plus monthly for at least a full year as eggs and larvae can live that long in your carpet and upholstery.
Unread 07-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
kimberly*

Default Fleas in my house

OKAY so the fleas are gone on my cat besides 2. But they are all over my house still, i already fogged it and vacuumed and cleaned my carpets. Now they are all over my kids. im freaking out. should i have my house professionally sprayed? or buy stronger cleaner for my house? please help.

Unread 07-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

Yep Front line and you should be fine.

One thing though, please don't let your at come into contact with outdoor animals/cats ,she could get things worse then fleas, deadly diseases like Rabies, Feline Luk or FIV, like HIV for humans!
Unread 07-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

lovemeow is on a distinguished road

yea, frontline plus is a good one... here is a reference about flea control:

Flea Control: Keep Fleas Out of Your Cat's Life and Yours

hope it helps. good luck.

- my blog dedicated to our furry buddies

~|
|~
Unread 07-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
I think you don't have another choice than bombing your entire house...
Haha, that was exactly my thought too. Good thing there are other solutions too provided by other members
Unread 07-20-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Haha, that was exactly my thought too. Good thing there are other solutions too provided by other members
Don't misunderstand me, Kat pls. I'm sure you know what is "to bomb" in this case, don't you?

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 07-20-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Don't misunderstand me, Kat pls. I'm sure you know what is "to bomb" in this case, don't you?
Yes, with gas, but the other way around would be kind of funny
Unread 07-20-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Yes, with gas, but the other way around would be kind of funny
'to bomb' sounds sensitive to my ears too .. as the hotels suicide bombings have just happened in Jakarta, Indonesia -- you know, Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott were bombed !!

Tags
bath , biting , carpet , cartoon , cat , cat's , cats , dogs , fiv , fleas , friends , frontline , fun , funny , hey , himalayan , himalayan cat , home , house , indoor , outdoor , problem , rabies , search , vet

Sponsored Cat Links