It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road
Default help wanted

hi, rehomed a new cat two years, she is rather skinny with a flabby belly owner said shed had two litters of kittens so thats why, any ideas what will fatten her up??
also she has took refuge in my sons wardrobe since yesterday and stayed there ever since, shes good with the kids and doesnt seem scared of people, my first instict is to leave her and in time she will be fine is that the right thing to do??
i will be making an appointment with the vet first thing in the morning to make sure shes ok rather worried about her she doesnt seem right to me kinda withdrawn is that normal?? is she missin her previous owner?? my other cat i got from a home so wasnt an issue me and him was in love from the word go and my other cat was a kitten so that wasnt an issue she was fine too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm sure being taken away from her former home is terribly stressful for her, poor kitty, and yes, except for the all important vet visit, let her be. Let her come out in her own time.

You can sit quietly in the room she is hiding in, I mean sit on the floor and talk softly using her name a lot, even reading aloud, don't make eye contact or try to engage her at all.

If she creeps out to see you accept it calmly and resist the urge to reach out to her or celebrate.

Poor little thing, Bless you for taking in these kitties. I do not really want to know why she's being "dumped".

A timely spay and good nutrition will soon put some meat on her bones. Be sure to bring a fecal sample to test for parasites.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
I'm sure being taken away from her former home is terribly stressful for her, poor kitty, and yes, except for the all important vet visit, let her be. Let her come out in her own time.

You can sit quietly in the room she is hiding in, I mean sit on the floor and talk softly using her name a lot, even reading aloud, don't make eye contact or try to engage her at all.

If she creeps out to see you accept it calmly and resist the urge to reach out to her or celebrate.

Poor little thing, Bless you for taking in these kitties. I do not really want to know why she's being "dumped".

A timely spay and good nutrition will soon put some meat on her bones. Be sure to bring a fecal sample to test for parasites.
i have her because her new boyfriend is allergic to cats me personally would pick my cats every time so dont really understand it.
also i have been going to her but yeh letting her come to me makes sense.
she has runny poo so defo will take poo sample with me, maybe shes got an upset stomache with moving homes cause she is 2 and was with previous owner since she was a kitty
Unread 07-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

The diarrhea could be from parasites or a food change or simply stress.

I hope, when this b!@#$% gets dumped by the boy friend she doesn't ask for her cat back. And if she does I hope you say No Way.

You are an Angel.
Unread 07-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

thankyou noooo she will not shes with me for life now so no chance of that ever. i also have an allergy to cats but i love them my eyes stream, bloodshot and snezzing but i get used to the hair and im fine. i said to her 'why dont you get rid of the bf instead' and she laughed and looked shocked but i was totally serious. i dont understand it but maybe thats just me
Unread 07-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink29 View Post
thankyou. noooo she will not shes with me for life now so no chance of that ever. i also have an allergy to cats but i love them my eyes stream, bloodshot and snezzing but i get used to the hair and im fine. i said to her 'why dont you get rid of the bf instead' and she laughed and looked shocked but i was totally serious. i dont understand it but maybe thats just me
She looked at you as if you're abnormal ! In fact, she doesn't know that SHE IS the one who is totally insane dumping her kitty instead of her bf. !!

Poor kitty ... I hope she will soon overcome her stress from this traumatic experience and get well again, with your caring love ! (What's her name, BTW ?)
Pink, I'm really proud of you !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
Cool Cat

thankyou irene her name is rainbow but want to change it what do you think?? to somethin that sounds like it so she doesnt have to learn a whole new name.
going to fatten her up a bit(not too much) maybe with some vitamins shes not in that great condition shes not the worst cat ive seen but needs looking after poor baby
Unread 07-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

proud moment she has just jumped out the wardrobe where shes been hiding when she seen me and we actually had a moment
Unread 07-19-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hurray !! She's out of the closet !!

Pink, I used to give my cats vitamins too, and obviously it helps fatten them up a bit. I give Princess only vits drops coz she doesn't like the other types of vits. The rest of my kitties don't care to take any kind of vits (like paste, powder, etc...) Try to get vits directly from the vet (safer). Vets offices in Taiwan sell vits and additional nutrients too. I don't like to buy it off the supermarket counter.

Yeah, changing her name will probably help cheer her up a bit too, maybe you may like to have a good search at the name list section of this site ? There are thousand names with meanings (so you can choose the meaning and sound of the new name). I remember another member here changed the name of the kitty in order to bless the kitty with an entire new life !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-19-2009   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

irene, do you put the vits in their food or directly?? hopefully the vet will agree with me. she does look sad its such a shame for her yes thats a good idea new start for her
thankyou very much irene and acerlt for your help

Tags
advice , allergic , allergy , animal , art , baby , beautiful , belly , box , boy , boyfriend , care , cat , cats , changed , clean , color , constipation , diarrhea , eating , eye , eyes , fixed , food , friends , great , happy , heat , hiding , home , homes , in heat , internet , kittens , kitties , kitty , loss , lost , love , morning , moving , nervous , new cat , new cats , new home , not eating , nutrition , pee , prayers , pregnant , present , profile , queen , sad , scared , search , silly , small , spay , stress , surgery , test , timid , transition , type , upset , vet , vomiting , wet food , window

Sponsored Cat Links