It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-01-2009   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
Your right be be concerned moving is MAJOR stress on an animal evolved to live in one place all its life. I would use Feliaway plug ins to help him get settled

As for the food I'm not making it up, believe I wish I was but it happens, we had a few cats growing up that died slowly over a 13 14 year period from diet related problems. Cats on GOOD diets "can" live over 30.
I agree ! Felliway Plug ins diffuser is effective to combat stress and reduce anxiety. Try also Rescue Remedy drops. Been using it on my own kitty, it has good calming effect. But most of all, rescue him out from that funny building !! All the best !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
veronicab

Find out what is in the clear sealant that was painted on the floor. Phone the company and ask them what it is. Then check Google and see if there are any toxicity reports in animals. You can often find a copy of the safety data for such products online.

I can't agree with the comment that dry food is bad for a cat's teeth,and to feed it wet food. Wet food on it's own is just as bad. Also, a high fish diet may cause thiamine deficiency, which is a B vitamin.

Veronica

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
Newborn

jewells45 is on a distinguished road

Yes, I am researching all of that. I am finding it very difficult to track some of this stuff down. Thanks!
Unread 08-09-2009   #14 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

How is the health of the cat?, is he any better?
Unread 08-10-2009   #15 (permalink)
Newborn

jewells45 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for asking. I went and saw my son yesterday and took some of the Feliway that I ordered. The major issue right now is Mr Big peeing and pooping everywhere but the litter box. He had peed on the rug under the coffee table so much, the whole apartment smelled so bad, my son took up the rug and we threw it in the dumpster. I know, it sounds so gross, my son is such a neatnik, it was driving him nuts! Mr Big is very skinny, but sean says he has gained weight. Has lost most of his hair too. He just looks awful but sean reassured me that he is better than he was 2 weeks ago. He came over to me and sniffed me and let me pet him, but he always went right back to Sean.

I cannot take Mr Big til the litter box issue is resolved. At this point, it looks like we may have a little time, since he seems better. I still want him out of there but there is no way I can take him if he won't go in his litter box. I am willing to cover the furniture etc because of his claws, but can't have him if he pees everywhere. By the same token, I am convinced as the vet hinted at, that his behavior is because of the steroids. I'm in a catch 22 situation.
Unread 08-10-2009   #16 (permalink)
squiggy77

they use dead cats and dogs? That's disgusting!

Unread 08-10-2009   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewells45 View Post
Thank you for asking. I went and saw my son yesterday and took some of the Feliway that I ordered. The major issue right now is Mr Big peeing and pooping everywhere but the litter box. He had peed on the rug under the coffee table so much, the whole apartment smelled so bad, my son took up the rug and we threw it in the dumpster. I know, it sounds so gross, my son is such a neatnik, it was driving him nuts! Mr Big is very skinny, but sean says he has gained weight. Has lost most of his hair too. He just looks awful but sean reassured me that he is better than he was 2 weeks ago. He came over to me and sniffed me and let me pet him, but he always went right back to Sean.

I cannot take Mr Big til the litter box issue is resolved. At this point, it looks like we may have a little time, since he seems better. I still want him out of there but there is no way I can take him if he won't go in his litter box. I am willing to cover the furniture etc because of his claws, but can't have him if he pees everywhere. By the same token, I am convinced as the vet hinted at, that his behavior is because of the steroids. I'm in a catch 22 situation.
Thanks for the update. The way you describe Mr. Big really breaks my heart.... I hope someone else who is familiar with the steroids problem will give you some advice.
If I were you, I would not have any second thought but to rescue him (if he really is not supposed to stay in that building).
Please keep a careful eye on him, and keep us updated.
All fingers crossed !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 08-15-2009   #18 (permalink)
Cool Cat

In reputable brands of pet food they don't. Foods like Innova EVO,Instincts,Wellness, Ziwi peak, But this is a very small Minority compared to a lot of what is out there.

With brands like Purina, Friskies, Meow mix-who knows 3 to 4 million cats and dogs are put down each year, its cheaper to render them into pet food as Meat meal or Meat and bone meal then it is to bury/burn them all. Not all cats and dogs make it into pet food , but a lot of them do. Some cities have banned it, which is kinda silly because those pets are already dead, their problems are zip, over, kaposh! Issues like De clawing should be put first rather then whatever happens to dead shelter cast offs.

Dry does cause teeth issues, Felinefuture has, or used to have an article on Kibbles long term feeding effects on cats.

Obesity

Dehydration

Dental disease

Renal/kidney failure

Are all very common for kibble fed cats.

As for the cats claws, all you have to do is use Soft paws.That should help.

Last edited by PantherPride; 08-15-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Unread 08-16-2009   #19 (permalink)
Kitten

sara-satellite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
In reputable brands of pet food they don't. Foods like Innova EVO,Instincts,Wellness, Ziwi peak, But this is a very small Minority compared to a lot of what is out there.

With brands like Purina, Friskies, Meow mix-who knows 3 to 4 million cats and dogs are put down each year, its cheaper to render them into pet food as Meat meal or Meat and bone meal then it is to bury/burn them all. Not all cats and dogs make it into pet food , but a lot of them do. Some cities have banned it, which is kinda silly because those pets are already dead, their problems are zip, over, kaposh! Issues like De clawing should be put first rather then whatever happens to dead shelter cast offs.
For someone who seems to not care about what happens to dead pets and whether they end up in food or not, you sure do repetitively talk about it. It's getting so annoying. Seriously now, give it up.

I think this guy has all of these forum messages in a template, because I'm getting tired of seeing the same thing over and over again. No matter what the topic is, it's copy, paste, and submit reply. lol
Unread 08-16-2009   #20 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Sorry Its a part of my Disability I guess. The "Track record"

It not that I don't care its just I think we do worse things to pets then make fluffy or rover a Cannibal. Such as cut off parts of their limbs to protect furniture or take out their vocal cords, ect,ect.

Tags
adult , animal , antibiotics , anxiety , apartment , baby , birth , bite , bites , book , box , breed , car , care , cat , cat toys , cat's , cats , clawing , claws , clean , crying , cut , depressed , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , dying , eating , environment , eye , fever , fish , food , foster , free , friends , fur , furniture , great , health , heat , hey , home , infection , internet , legal , lost , mat , medical , meow , meowing , moving , neutering , new home , orijen , pet , pet food , play , poop , problems , scratch , shelter , silly , small , soft paws , spay , steroids , stories , stress , surgery , vaccine , vet , video , vocal , wet food , why?

Sponsored Cat Links