It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-16-2009   #21 (permalink)
Kitten

AbstractDr3ams is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to AbstractDr3ams

Wow. I do not find it "silly" to not use dead animals. Yes they are already dead but it goes into moral issues. Not to mention the risks. Some of those dead animals have cancer infected flesh. Disease. Only god knows what else. Thank god it is highly probable they no longer use dead animals in US based companies that produce cat food. For someone who is so concerned about the kitty in the kitty food I have to wonder why you would condone it by referring to the waste of the dead bodies as silly. Ew. What happened to respect for the dead. Just because they are not human does not mean they do not have the rights to proper disposal/burial. It is why they created cat/dog graveyards. My county alone has 3. It is scary to think about that. I never want to use it, not even 20 years from now.

Last edited by AbstractDr3ams; 08-16-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-16-2009   #22 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

Compared to allot of what happens to cats it is, Think about it, cats in nature scavange kills,ect. Trouble is the stuff they eat is still better

In the USA where I live its perfectly legal to get and De claw a cat, go to www.StopDeclaw.com I think thats worse then dying young from a garbage diet. Its also perfectly legal in a lot of areas to allow your cat to breed uncontrolled or cut out its vocal cords( De meowing)

I don't like it either though, none of it. but what can you do?, all you can do is inform and set an example for society by putting them down or giving your cat to a Holistic vet in the hopes of a brighter future if you cannot afford proper food.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-16-2009   #23 (permalink)
Kitten

Cats in nature are far more likely to die from tainted meat, diseased meat than from the commercial cat food. You know this but are too ignorant to listen and learn anything beyond the scope of what you have read already. There is no way that rotted infected parasite containing flesh will EVER be better than what I feel my cat.

Yes worse things are done, but when does this EVER mean that the issue no longer exists. I am sorry and I am sure many people disagree with me but pain, uncomfort temporarily is NOT WORSE THAN DEATH. I have friends with declawed cats and guess what, it took me a week of interacting with him to realize he was any different than my own cat. He did not lay around crying licking his missing nail buds. He did not refuse to play with string, he wasnt too depressed to eat. Now would I do it to my own cats? No...but do I condemn owners as bad when they chose to do so?

One post you are against cats and dogs in pet food, then you turn around and criticize laws that do not let dead animals go to it. You are hypocrit. You can not be against something while in the very same breath think its unfair that they dont use the dead bodies for it and consider it wierd? Every word you have said concerning the matter of pet food are lies. Stop spreading lies than think a law helping your so called cause to be wierd and wasteful.

As for demeowing. Now that is truely awful. I may be able to be open minding and accepting of people who chose to declaw their cats even though I would never but demeowing. I see no useful purpose for it in a cat. Chances are its the heat call they do not like, to spay a cat corrects that. No need to remove vocal cords. Now thats truely disgusting.

You know, you can set up a signature to be attatched to all your posts with the stopdeclaw website link so you will not have to throw it in every post. Might help to get the website out to the public without having to hijack threads, etc.

I am sorry I disagree with you but like you, I will always stand firm in my convictions that death will always be worse than life if the cat is happy.
Unread 08-17-2009   #24 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

AbstractDr3ams, YOU are awesome. I agree with everything posted there. I personally have never even HEARD of a case of "de-meowing" .. Debarking, sure.. But that is just uncalled for. Who in their right mind...
Unread 08-17-2009   #25 (permalink)
Kitten

I looked online for it and found debarking, as for demeowing. It is said that it is in clinical trials/testing. There is no proof though, just people saying its being done. I didnt find one person who had it done on their cats but I highly dought they would want to advertise that! lol I guess only time will tell on that one. I really would be against that though. How are the kittys at the shelter doing?
Unread 08-17-2009   #26 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Doing quite alright.. The main summer explosion is over, sadly the shelter is raising prices on the kittens again because the state is budget cutting everything.. It's going to have a massive effect on kitten adoptions... And they're talking even now that even the adult cat prices are going to be raised... How are you going to get anyone adopted? Raising their prices is just going to make less people adopt, and look elsewhere.. Ultimately destroying your plan to help the budget cutting... wtf?
Unread 08-17-2009   #27 (permalink)
Kitten

Wow, that is awful! I mean me, I would pay it if they are spayed/neautered and up to the date on the shots. I wish more people would realize that just going and picking up a cat off a craigslist ad comes with expenses past that point. Many are not fixed or have ever been vaccinated. That stuff adds up to be so much more than many animal shelters adoption rates. 100's of dollars cheaper. Means more money for cat toys, lasers, kitty condos, etc. Haha. I hope that despite the price increase that people will chose to adopt, maybe suggest the shelter inform people the things included in that adoption fee to persuade them of the end value. Sorry to hijack the thread! I just can not shut up sometimes!
Unread 08-17-2009   #28 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

When my time comes, the shelter is the first place I'm going for a cat. This I know
Unread 08-25-2009   #29 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

Good that you are adopting from a shelter, the world needs more good people. Hope you find your forever friend

Though the worst ends soon after surgery the effects of de clawing are life long and range/can include the following.

Balance and walking impairment- cats walk on their toes, with that gone the cats can devlop all kinds of muscular, balance and joint,bone problems

Litter box avoidance-a cat uses its paws to cover its poop, with no claws a cat can starting craping freely in the house besides being stressful on the cat it usually leads to a surrender to a local animal shelter

Biting, without front claws a cat is 75% defenseless so in some cases it begins to bite, hard. VERY VERY dangerous diseases such as Rabies are spread through cat bites, blood infections and cat scratch fever are even more serious because unlike rabies there is no vaccine to protect against it. 80% of all cat bites become infected

Quality of life, because cats are by nature wary and indepentat animals, most de clawed cats probably have more stress and fear then normal, if they ever get outdoors they run the risk of either getting torn apart by a predator ( if lucky) or if lost they can slowly starve to death because they cannot hunt, climb properly.

Complications, some cats bleed to to death or must have their entire front/back paws cut off after surgery due to infection. More commonly the claws re grow misshapen and cause even more pain before having to be removed yet again.

If you do not believe these stories go on Pet finder and look up "de clawed cat rescues" there's lots of horror stories on there

Also the cost of it is sometimes more then neutering and spaying in some areas. Modern euthanasia is more humane IMHO then putting an animal through all that and is quicker, cheaper and safer on people too. If it seems cruel remember that many de clawed cats are put down anyway after developing the mentioned behavioral side effects or problems from surgery that the novice owner cannot or no longer wants to take part in.
Unread 01-11-2018   #30 (permalink)
Kitten

MariaPt is on a distinguished road
Default страпон без р&

Хотели бы разнообразить вашу сексуальную жизнь? Добиться принципиально новых ощущений помогут интим-товары

Один из самых популярных способов достичь ярких ощущений – <a href="https://afroditalove.ru/category/vibromassazher-vibrator/">купить вибратор</a>. С его помощью просто добиться стимуляции эрогенных зон и точек на теле. Только не используйте его в одиночку, доверьтесь своему партнеру. Это хорошо укрепит вашу эмоциональную связь и позволит стать более открытыми и раскованными друг с другом.</p>
Также среди интим-товаров распространены эрекционные кольца, наручники, смазки и стимуляторы. Начните с чего-нибудь одного, не бойтесь эксперементировать с разными вариантами, и вы точно сможете найти то, что понравится вам и партнеру.</p>
Стоит отметить: <a href="https://afroditalove.ru/category/prezervativy/">купить презервативы</a>, фаллоиммитаторы, вакуумные помпы, <a href="https://afroditalove.ru/category/vaginalnye-shariki/">вагинальные шарики</a>, и остальные интим-товары можно в интернет-магазине «Афродита» (afroditalove.ru).</p>

Tags
adult , animal , antibiotics , anxiety , apartment , baby , birth , bite , bites , book , box , breed , car , care , cat , cat toys , cat's , cats , clawing , claws , clean , crying , cut , depressed , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , dying , eating , environment , eye , fever , fish , food , foster , free , friends , fur , furniture , great , health , heat , hey , home , infection , internet , legal , lost , mat , medical , meow , meowing , moving , neutering , new home , orijen , pet , pet food , play , poop , problems , scratch , shelter , silly , small , soft paws , spay , steroids , stories , stress , surgery , vaccine , vet , video , vocal , wet food , why?

Sponsored Cat Links