It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-02-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

LadyJen is on a distinguished road
Default Is it a girl.....Is it a boy??

Some of you know I just rescued a kitten a week ago. We were told it's a girl. We've worked with this kitten we named Luna. My hubby came to me this morning and said it has "boy" parts. How is it possible that we couldn't tell?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJen View Post
Some of you know I just rescued a kitten a week ago. We were told it's a girl. We've worked with this kitten we named Luna. My hubby came to me this morning and said it has "boy" parts. How is it possible that we couldn't tell?
Hehe !! Your hubby is probably right ... Even vets make mistakes too... My Lady Fergie was inspected by 2 vets as a 'he' - so we previously named 'him' Fergus ! Then just before we decided to take 'him' to the vet to get 'him' 'neutered' -- that third vet told me, Fergus is actually a 'she' !! I doubted it and took Fergus to another vet, only to be told, that kitten is actually a girl !! So she got spayed right away instead of neutered, coz we had a boy just joined us, Earl Blue !

Needless to say, her name was instantly changed into Fergie instead of Fergus, and to feminize it even more, I added the title "Lady" .... Luckily, she responded to her new name !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

LadyJen is on a distinguished road
Default My Loki

We changed his name to Loki. We read up on this name and found it fitting. He's mischievous and had us thinking he was a girl. I cried when James told me that there was an extra appendage cuz I wanted a girl. I called the lady that got us our kitten. She apologized and said she would take him back, and I said no. I have gotten attached to this little ball of fur and extra body parts or not Loki is here to stay. It took us a very long week to get him to trust us.
Unread 08-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi dear.We thought our Toto was a girl,then his appendage popped out one day.
We didn't bother changing his name, Toto could be girl or boy. We love him anyway.
When I told the vet he laughed and said, "you're not the 1st,you won't be the last." LOL.
So welcome to Loki,and glad he has gained your trust. xxxxx
Unread 08-03-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking Hi Loki !!

So this is an official "Welcome Loki" thread !

Glad that you didn't send her, oopss ! sorry ! I mean him back ! He must be grateful to you for that sweet loving decision. I'm moved by that too !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 08-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Try this one. The easiest way to know if a cat is female or male is to check under the tail:
males have a colon ( : ) and girls a semi colon ( ; ).

Unread 08-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie View Post
Try this one. The easiest way to know if a cat is female or male is to check under the tail:
males have a colon ( : ) and girls a semi colon ( ; ).
That's interesting !!

Unread 08-06-2009   #8 (permalink)
Jayconnor

The penile opening is the clue. If cat is a female the opening usually closer than in the male. But you should wait about two months when testicles become more visible. Then have Luna examined by several doctors.

Unread 08-07-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayconnor View Post
The penile opening is the clue. If cat is a female the opening usually closer than in the male. But you should wait about two months when testicles become more visible. Then have Luna examined by several doctors.

Now I guess that was not visible enough when Lady Fergie was examined by vets - she came to join us when she was about 6-7 weeks old..hehe !

Thanks for this info.

Unread 08-15-2009   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

debbieali is on a distinguished road

My yongest Toby has just been confirmed as being female - at 16 weeks!! Two vets are still a little confused and think he could actually be an Hermaphrodite this is apparently sometimes the case in cross breed cats We love him to bits tho and he is still called Toby and still referred to as he Can't change it now!

Tags
art , boy , breed , cat , cats , changed , female , found , fur , girl , interesting , kitten , love , loving , morning , small , spayed , vet

Sponsored Cat Links