It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

alexiaangel120 is on a distinguished road
Default My cat's following me

Okay, so I have a seriously unusual problem. I have this cat, about six or seven years of age, and we've had her since she was a little kitten. She's a tabby cat and such. Well, I've been back and forth at my dad's house for a while and she's never taken a liking to me, so when I moved in back in Feburary, she was kind of, eh about me then too. But these last couple of weeks (around three weeks ago), she has followed me every where.

Like not from just one room to the other. I go to the bathroom and she claws at the door till I let her in. I go to bed and she has to sleep under the covers with me or she'll meow until I let her. And right now, I'm on the floor on my laptop and she's on the couch right behind me. I moved to the bed and she followed. It's creepy. She won't do this with anyone else in the house, just me. If anyone gets near me she hisses at them and will attack them. My family isn't even approaching me because of her. And now she's even trying to bathe me with her tongue. It's freaking me out

Help? D: What's going on with my cat?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

interesting. My take on it? She liked you the whole time and never really cared to show it. When you moved out, she missed you. Now you're back, and she doesn't want you to leave again so she's making sure you don't by staying with you all the time. They do have emotion... And I think she loves you and doesn't want you to leave again.
Unread 08-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49BWL View Post
interesting. My take on it? She liked you the whole time and never really cared to show it. When you moved out, she missed you. Now you're back, and she doesn't want you to leave again so she's making sure you don't by staying with you all the time. They do have emotion... And I think she loves you and doesn't want you to leave again.
Sounds like a good answer to me!
Unread 08-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

alexiaangel120 is on a distinguished road

Okay, but why would she just start showing it? I've been here for months now and she's JUST showing it within the last couple of weeks? Kind of strange don't you think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi ! Welcome to the forum !

My opinion ? CONGRATULATIONS !! Your kitty loves you TOOOOO much. You've been her favorite !
I have three of them who do the same thing, and my Lady Fergie does exactly the same thing, following me to the bathroom !! Earl and Lady even will sometimes relax on top of my keyboard when I'm using my computer... and I had to carefully remove them...
I understand, sometimes you'll feel disturbed, but their affection is just too sweet for me to be turned down...

BTW, what's her name ? And please post some pix...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 08-16-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiaangel120 View Post
Okay, but why would she just start showing it? I've been here for months now and she's JUST showing it within the last couple of weeks? Kind of strange don't you think?
My Lady has been doing it since she's joined us, but Earl Blue just started doing it recently too - I guess he's jealous and your kitty too -- it's normally called : MONOPOLY !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 08-16-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Yes, it's nothing to worry about, that's for sure. My kitty is doing the same too. She follows me everywhere and she will complain and try to dig herself inside the bathroom when I am in it. She is always nearby me. It's sweet

Recently she's also started licking a bit. Not excessively, just a bit.
Unread 08-17-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I would positively love a cat that is that close and loving to me. hehe
Unread 08-17-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Dante does this with me now. At first, he was pretty "okay, so your there, big deal!" Now, he has to be where I am ALL the time. Katrine, he does the same as your kitty does, tries to dig through the bathroom door!
You don't have anything to worry about with your kitty. Your kitty is just showing you that she is now used to having you around again, and really wants you to stay!
For the hissing/attacking, I would keep a spray bottle handy. When she starts doing this, spray her in the butt and tell her "no". Most cats hate it, and will stop (I know it worked wonders with my cats!)
Unread 08-18-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiDante View Post
Dante does this with me now. At first, he was pretty "okay, so your there, big deal!" Now, he has to be where I am ALL the time. Katrine, he does the same as your kitty does, tries to dig through the bathroom door!
You don't have anything to worry about with your kitty. Your kitty is just showing you that she is now used to having you around again, and really wants you to stay!
For the hissing/attacking, I would keep a spray bottle handy. When she starts doing this, spray her in the butt and tell her "no". Most cats hate it, and will stop (I know it worked wonders with my cats!)
It sounds annoying, but it really is sweet and makes me laugh everytime, seeing those paws from the crack under the door

The spray bottle surely is effective. I got mine to stay off the table with it and it didn't take many times before she got the clue!

Tags
age , art , attack , attacking , cat , cat's , cats , claws , computer , family , hey , hissing , house , interesting , joy , kitten , kitty , licking , love , loving , meow , opinion , problem , sleep , stop , tabby , worry

Sponsored Cat Links